Susan Westcott Alessandri, PhD
Department of Advertising, Public Relations, & Social Media
Office: 73 Tremont St., Rm. 1049
Office Hours: By Appointment
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MA, Northeastern University
- BS, Framingham State College
Dr. Alessandri’s research focuses on organizational brand identity and branding and trademark issues in marketing. She is the author of Visual Identity: Promoting and Protecting the Public Face of an Organization (2009) and Brand Identity in Sport (2018). Her research has also been published in several textbooks and a number of academic books and journals, including Corporate Reputation Review, Corporate Communications: An International Journal, Education Review of Business Communication, Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Journal of Advertising Education and Journal of Employee Communication Management.
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Martin J. Whitman School of Management
Adjunct Assistant Professor
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
Instructor of Record
Lee, J. & Alessandri, S.W. (2018). Brand Identity in Sport. Durham, North Carolina: Carolina Academic Press.
Alessandri, S.W. (2009). Visual Identity: Promoting & Protecting the Public Face of an Organization. Armonk, New York: M.E. Sharpe. Published by Routledge since 2015.
Lee, J.W. & Alessandri, S.W. (2018). Life is good: A good life for this lifestyle brand. In Branded: Branding in Sport Business (2nd ed.), Lee, J.W., ed. Durham: Carolina Academic Press.
Alessandri, S.W. (2016). Visual Identity. In The SAGE Encyclopedia of Corporate Reputation, Craig Carroll, ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Alessandri, S.W. (2013). Corporate reputation and the discipline of visual communication. The Handbook of Communication and Corporate Reputation, Craig Carroll, ed. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing.
Awards and Honors
- 2007 - Paper awarded first prize in the Multicultural Studies Division of the Broadcast Education Association
- 2006 - Nominated by a graduate public relations major to Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- 2003 - Selected to participate in the Advertising Education Foundation (AEF) Visiting Professor Program
- 1999 - Awarded a 3-year Park Fellowship for doctoral study at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
ADPR 257 – Advertising
ADPR 437 – Advertising Campaigns
ADPR 506 – Honors Seminar