Gloria M. Boone, PhD
Gloria M. Boone, PhD
Professor, Department of Advertising, Public Relations, & Digital Media
Director, Graduate Program in Communication
Office: 73 Tremont St., Rm. 1052
Office hours: By Appointment
- PhD, Ohio University
- MA, Temple University
- BA, The Pennsylvania State University
New Media and Web Design
Advertising and Marketing Communication
Suffrage and Women’s Rhetoric
Gloria M. Boone is a Professor of Communication and the Graduate Program Director for Communication. She has written books on Rhetorical Communication and Business Communication. Recent articles and presentations are about topics such as hospital websites, social media, online advertising, communicative informatics, health care marketing, usability, digital memory, and rhetoric.
She has been a keynote speaker and a presenter for academic conferences, business groups and professional organizations.
- Gallant, L.M. and Boone, G. M. (2011). Communicative Informatics: An Active and Creative Audience Framework of Social Media. tripleC - Cognition, Communication, Co-operation 9 (2) 231-246.
- Gallant, L.M., Irizarry,C., Boone,G., & Kreps, G.L.(2011,October 31). Promoting Participatory Medicine with Social Media: New Media Applications on Hospital Websites that Enhance Health Education and e-Patients' Voices
- Gallant, L M., Irizarry, C., Boone, G. M. & Ruiz-Gordon, B. (July, 2010). Spanish Content on Hospital Websites: An Analysis of U.S. Hospitals in Concentrated Latino Communities. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication. HTML
- Gallant, L.M., Irizarry, C., & Boone, G.M. (2009). Exploring the Technology Adoption Needs of Patients in E-Health. In Patient-Centered E-Health, Wilson, E. V. (Ed.)(pp.201-216)
- Boone, G. & Secci, J. & Gallant, L. (2007, May). Emerging Trends in Online Advertising. Revista DOXA Comunicacion: Revista Interdisciplinar de estudios de Comunicacion y Ciencias Sociales, V, 241-253. http://www.uspceu.es/
- Gallant, L. M. & Boone, G. M. & Heap, A. (2007, March). Five heuristics for designing and evaluating Web based communities.First Monday,12 (3)http://firstmonday.org/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/1626/154
- Boone, G. (2004). How the Rhetorical Tradition Informs Web Design, Information Architecture and Usability. International Journal of the Humanities, Volume 2, Issue 3. Article: Electronic PDF . Article: Print (Spiral Bound). http://ijh.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.26/prod.403
- Gallant, L., Boone, G. and Almquist, G. (June, 2003). Wireless Organizational Communication: A Framework for Communicative Informatics. Proceeding of the Informing Science IT Education Conference. pp.1299-1310.
- Boone, G. M. (1996). Deviant History/ Defiant History: A Video Documentary, Boston Educational Foundation.
- Boone, G. M. (1995, March). Mystical Unity and Hierachical Difference:Ramon Llull's Rhetoric
of Conversion. Journal of Communication and Religion 18 (1) pp.49-60 http://www.cios.org/www/jcr/jcr-v18n1.html
- Boone, G. M. (1992, Fall). Religious Glasnost: Freedom, Expression and Media Usage by Religious Groups in the Soviet Union, Public Relations Review, 18 (3), pp.265-274.
- Boone, G. & Kropp, R. P. (1993). Communicating in the Business Environment, Second Edition. Human Resource Development Press.
- Boone, G. M. (1987, Spring). The Use of Metaphorical Topoi in Impromptu Training, National Forensics Journal. PDF
- Boone,G. M. (1987). Topoi and Figures of Speech: The Place of Creativity in Rhetorical Studies,in Creativity and Liberal Learning, ed. David G. Tuerck, Ablex Publishing.
- Boone, G. M. & Harris, E.J. (1985). Rhetoric, Argument and Communication. Second Edition. Kendall /Hunt Publishers.