Internships Launch Careers
Undergraduate students can earn credit for internships and other co-curricular activities. Both the English Department and the Career Development Center can help you find an internship that fits your interests. Our students have written for online fashion magazines, done promotion for manufacturing firms, and worked in corporate communications in Madrid, all while they were still Suffolk students. With the Boston Literary District located on and around Suffolk's campus, there are also internship opportunities for English majors with local organizations, including the GrubStreet creative writing center.
Recent internships include:
- The Boston Globe sports department intern
- PR intern at Lyons Group Ltd., a local entertainment, food, and beverage multimedia company that owns and develops restaurants and bars
- Editorial intern at Acanthus Publishing
- Interview coordinator at The Boston Hassle, a local arts blog and event guide
In addition to internships, our students can choose take part in several co-curricular opportunities on campus. They include reading submissions for Salamander, a magazine of poetry, fiction, memoir, and works in translation, and Venture, Suffolk’s student-run literary journal that strives to showcase the University's talented writers and artists.
A major in English is excellent preparation for a wide range of career paths:
- Communications and Marketing
- Higher Education Administration
- Graduate School