Commuter Benefit Program
Commuter Benefits allow you to pay for ost/all of your commuting expenses (transit, bus, boat, parking, uberPool) on a pre-tax basis. If you elect this benefit, money deducted from your pay (before taxes are calculated) is deposited directly into your Discovery Benefits account. You will use your Discovery Benefits debit card to pay for your commuting expenses. To sign up for the benefit please follow the below instructions:
- Log in to Workday (user name and password are the same as your Suffolk email)
- Click on the Benefits worklet
- Click on Change Benefits
- Next, at the dropdown screen select Discovery Transit/Parking, and select the date you would like to make the change.
- Click Submit
- On the next screen click open elections
- Enter your elections
- Click on I agree and hit Submit
All changes will be made on a per pay period basis. For example, if you would like to make sure you have $84.50 on your Discovery Benefits card to purchase a monthly transit/bus pass in March, you will need to make your election in Workday before February 3.
The 2018 monthly IRS pre-tax limit for both mass transit and parking is $260, for up to $520 per month in pre-tax savings. Any amounts over this limit will be after-tax deductions.
As a reminder the money you put on your debit card is available to use for commuting expenses while working at Suffolk University.
To view your account balance and commuter purchases log in to the Discovery Benefits website.