IT Governance at Suffolk University
IT Governance at Suffolk University is sponsored by the President and co-chaired by Thomas Lynch III, CIO, and Sebastian Royo, Vice Provost for Student Success. The goals of IT Governance are to:
- Ensure IT projects are aligned with the 7 strategic initiatives of the Strategic Plan.
- Provide representation from across the university.
- Bring IT project requests to the members of the five Working Groups ensuring that approved projects provide value to the university.
- Provide transparency in how IT projects are reviewed and approved.
- Improve customer service for those requesting projects.
- To broaden involvement in decision making and prioritization of IT projects.
- Provide a more integrated approach to project development and project management.
Five Working Groups are tasked with reviewing new project requests, evaluating new initiatives, working to resolve existing issues, and soliciting feedback on new initiatives.
The ITGC encourages transparency and participation in IT Governance issues across the University. All new projects are initiated by downloading the Project Request Form and emailing a scanned version with signatures to ITGovPM@suffolk.edu.