November Topic: Saving & Storing
WHERE ARE YOU SAVING WORK FILES?
What are Network Drives?
Space on the University server for users to save documents
ITS provides network file storage for employees to store university-related content. You are encouraged to use these network folders as this stored information is backed up on a regular basis to protect against data loss.
Login to a machine using your Suffolk credentials
When navigating to your ‘computer’ every employee should see:
C: drive – Local Disk
U: or H: drive: This is your Home Network Folder or Share. All work files should be saved to this drive.
Department folder/share (drive letter may vary): save or access files used by the department and or suite.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How often are the network drive files backed up?
- A. Every night. You must save and close all files before logging off.
- Q. How much space is allowed per person?
- A. There is NO individual quota, but the space is shared.
- Q. Who has access to the storage?
- A. H: and U: Drive is user only. Department drives are for users within the department.
- Q. Who has privilege to remove files from the network drives?
- A. ITS Infrastructure Department upon supervisor or deptartment chair request/approval.
- Q. Can I access these drives from off campus?
- A. Yes, there are 3 options depending on your needs:
- VPN – Remote access to your office machine.
- Pulse – for Suffolk issued laptop users.
- VDI – Virtual desktop.
Please send all questions, comments or suggestions to the Service Desk:
Phone: (617) 557-2000