The sixth Suffolk University Athletics Hall of Fame induction will celebrate five record-setting Rams and an outstanding team.
The members of the Class of 2016 of the Suffolk University Athletics Hall of Fame are:
- Larry Chabre, who was honored previously as member of 1984 Hall of Fame baseball team
- John “Jay” Crowley, men’s basketball, member of Suffolk’s 1,000-Point Club
- Dan Florian, men’s basketball, member of Suffolk’s 1,000-Point Club
- Sean O’Driscoll, also honored previously as member of 1990-91 Hall of Fame hockey team
- Erin Pagel, helped redefine Suffolk’s softball program as a GNAC powerhouse
- 2007 women’s tennis team, which was undefeated season en route to the program’s lone GNAC crown and NCAA appearance
“Being inducted into the Athletics Hall of Fame is the highest honor we can bestow on an individual or team,” said Athletics Director Cary McConnel. “All of these individuals and the 2007 women’s tennis team made a lasting impact on Suffolk Athletics. We cannot wait to welcome them back to campus this fall and celebrate their tremendous accomplishments.”
The Suffolk Athletics Hall of Fame honors and perpetuates the memory of athletes, friends, coaches and supporters who performed and contributed at the highest level of intercollegiate athletic competition while at Suffolk University. Selection is based primarily on athletic accomplishments, integrity, sportsmanship and character. Individuals other than athletes may be named to the Hall of Fame in recognition of their services and dedication to Suffolk University’s athletic program.
The inductees have been selected by a vote of a selection committee of Suffolk Athletics affiliates, including alumni and athletics’ administrators.
The Suffolk Athletics Hall of Fame, which held its first induction ceremony in 2007, has 44 members, including 31 student-athletes, four head coaches, six teams, and three special honorees.
The induction ceremony and dinner will take place at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14, in Sargent Hall.