Tips for Coping & Self-care
Any Suffolk student will tell you, college is busy! Finding the time to take care of yourself can be hard. Take time out for a little self-care in order to avoid burnout and exhaustion. You’re worth it.
- Reach out and make contact with others
- Talk with friends and loved ones
- Recognize and accept your feelings as "normal" responses to extreme circumstances
- Express your feelings appropriately; keep a journal
- Structure your time
- Maintain your usual schedule as much as you can
- Get extra rest and set aside time to relax
- Eat regular balanced meals even if you don't feel hungry
- Exercise or participate in some regular physical activity
- Delay major decisions or changes in your life
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol or drugs
- If symptoms persist, contact CHW Counseling at 617-573-8226, or a mental health professional.