The Office of Counseling, Health & Wellness health clinic is located at:
73 Tremont Street
5th Floor (take a right from elevator)
Fall & Spring Session
Mon - Thu: 9am-6pm
Fall & Spring - Health Walk-In Hours
*Students who prefer appointments versus walk-in service can call CHW at 617-573-8260.
Services & Programs
Our healthcare services and programs are available to all registered Suffolk University students.
- Physical exams
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses
- Evaluation and treatment of injuries
- Diagnostic testing and blood work
- Testing, diagnosis and treatment of STDs
- Travel guidance
- Contraceptive management, counseling and emergency contraception
- Eating concerns
- Health education
- Sports physicals
- Flu shots
Note to Graduated Students: Graduated students and alumni are no longer eligible to receive healthcare services at Suffolk CHW.
Dentistry Services: Suffolk University does not offer dentistry services on campus.
Meet Our Staff
- Paul Heinzelmann, MD Consulting Physician, Medical Director
- Dr. Heinzelmann is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin and the Harvard School of Public Health. He is currently a clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School and a staff physician at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Tracy Allen, Nurse Practitioner
- Heather Benedetto, Nurse Practitioner
- Karla Hoxha Brown, Nurse Practitioner
- Lisa Wong, Nurse Practitioner
- Chery Cepeda, Medical Assistant
Counseling, Health & Wellness Front Desk Administrative Coordinators:
- Julia Albo
- Lucia Ciccarello
- Sheila McCarthy
Who can utilize Suffolk CHW Health Services?
Any student who is currently registered for classes (full-time or part-time) and not a Suffolk University employee can be seen in CHW Health Services, regardless of your health insurance policy.
Once you have graduated, you are no longer eligible to use CHW Health Services, regardless of insurance coverage. Please refer to your health insurance carrier for a list of providers available to you after graduation. If a graduating student is enrolled in the Suffolk Student Health Insurance Plan with BCBS after the August expiration date, you will need to purchase an alternative form of health insurance for coverage.
Options for Graduating Students
When you graduate, your Suffolk Student Health Insurance Plan (SSHIP) will remain active through the end of the policy period (August 20). However, since you will no longer be a registered Suffolk student you are no longer eligible to use Suffolk's Counseling, Health & Wellness services. Please refer to your health insurance carrier on your insurance card for a list of alternative providers that will be available to you after your graduation effective date.
If you are a graduating student currently enrolled in the SSHIP, then you will need to prepare to purchase an alternative form of health insurance for coverage after the August expiration date. SSHIP cannot be extended if you are not a registered and eligible Suffolk student. It is important to have a plan in place in order to avoid a lapse in health insurance coverage.