This special orientation is designed for family members (parents and legal guardians), not necessarily for friends, roommates, romantic partners, or young children. It runs at the same time as, but apart from, our orientation for students. As a family member of a new Ram, you'll learn more about Suffolk University and how to help your student have the most successful college experience possible.
Reasons Why You Should Attend Family Orientation
This is the perfect time to:
- Learn about your student’s academic program and requirements
- Get answers to financial questions, policies, and deadlines
- Understand academic resources, enrichment opportunities, and support services
- Get details about health, wellness, counseling, safety, and housing programs
- Meet Suffolk’s administrators, faculty, staff, and other families
- Support your student at this exciting time of transition
This program, which has a small registration fee, is designed for the families of new students and transfer students alike.