First-year student and family orientation is a two-day event. In June, new fall students must stay overnight in a residence hall; optional overnight accommodations are available for family members at an additional cost. In January, overnight housing is only available to new spring students.
All orientation sessions are required for students and highly recommended for family members.
Orientation activities will include:
- Student services/activities fair and welcome address
- Small group time with our Orientation Leaders and your fellow new students
- Information sessions on Suffolk services, resources, and campus life
- Math placement exam (for students unable to take the exam at home)
- Lunch and student services/activities fair
- Undergraduate academic curriculum sessions
- Academic advising and registration for first-semester courses (be sure to complete your course pre-registration before attending orientation)
- Student success workshops
- Student ID photos
- Campus safety awareness resources