Suffolk Law Makes National Shortlist
Suffolk University Law School is one of fifteen law schools in the country with five or more ranked specialty programs in U.S. News & World Report’s “2019 Best Law Schools Guide.” Just seven schools have more ranked programs than Suffolk Law.
Number of ranked programs:
All four of Suffolk’s legal skills specialties—clinics, legal writing, trial advocacy and dispute resolution—earned spots in the national top 20. Only one other law school in the country achieved this distinction, and Suffolk Law was the sole institution with all legal skills specialties ranked in the top 20 for three years running.
- The IP program ranked 32nd and has earned a spot among the nation’s best four of the past five years.
- Legal Writing placed ninth in the nation. The program has ranked in the top 10 for seven consecutive years.
- Trial Advocacy ranked 14th nationally, the third year in a row that it has been ranked in the top 20.
- Clinical Programs ranked 16th nationally and have placed in the top 25 for ten of the past 11 years.
- Dispute Resolution ranked 18th. It has been in the top 20 for seven years running.
- The school’s part-time program was ranked 33rd in the country.
“These specialty rankings are voted on by law professors around the country with an expertise in a specific legal area. We are proud that so many of our peers recognize the strength of Suffolk Law’s programs,” said Suffolk Law Dean Andrew Perlman. “We are on a short list of law schools with five or more ranked specialties, and the company we keep is impressive.”