The Suffolk University Athletics Hall of Fame officially welcomed eight new members and one outstanding team Saturday afternoon at a ceremony held in the Michael S. Smith ’61 and Larry E. Smith ’65 Dining Hall at 20 Somerset.
The fifth Hall of Fame class represented more than five decades of Suffolk’s athletics history and included eight individual athletes and friends and a team.
The members of the Class of 2015 of the Suffolk University Athletics Hall of Fame are:
- 2007-08 Women’s Basketball Team, the first program to eclipse the 20-win plateau, reached the GNAC Championship contest and was selected to the ECAC Tournament: Kerry Bowman, Gillian Brignac, Katie Castignetti, Brittany Cordts, Emily Duquette, Christie Iwanicki, Kaitlyn Klecha, Mary McCrossan, Stephanie Morrissey, Laura Thompson, Meghan Tracey and Stephanie Zito
- Buzzy Borden – Baseball, a legendary hurler
- Jess Ferreira – Softball, two-time All-American and three-time GNAC Softball Player of the Year
- Jason Luisi – Men’s Basketball, NCAA Tournament Team and two-time GNAC selection
- Mike Maguire – Baseball, GNAC Player of the Year and two-time GNAC baseball champion
- Heather Orkney – Women’s Tennis standout
- Sheryl Scanlon – Women’s Basketball, the first Suffolk woman to score 1,000 points
- Larry Smith – Men’s Basketball, Rams supporter
- Michael Smith – Rams supporter
See the Athletics website for a full story, photo album, and more video.