U.S. News & World Report has once again singled out Suffolk University Law School’s four skills programs—clinics, legal writing, dispute resolution, and trial advocacy—in its annual rankings of top law schools.
For six consecutive years, each of the four programs has ranked among the top 20% (top 35 schools) in the U.S.—a record unmatched by any other American law school. The U.S. News 2022 Best Law Schools guide was released March 30.
- The Legal Writing Program (No. 4) has ranked in the top 10 for ten consecutive years.
- The Clinical Program (No. 15) has placed in the top 20 for six consecutive years.
- Trial Advocacy (No. 24) has been ranked in the top 25 for six years in a row.
- Dispute Resolution is ranked #32.
- Health Law is ranked #45.
- Intellectual Property is ranked #52.
- In 2021 and 2018, PreLaw Magazine named the school No. 1 in the nation for legal technology.
Suffolk University President Marisa Kelly said, “Suffolk Law is a leader in preparing students to compete in a fast-changing legal marketplace because of our commitment to educational excellence and our focus on relevant experiential opportunities. We are pleased to see that excellence recognized in the most recent rankings.”
Suffolk Law also saw a significant improvement in its overall ranking, jumping seven spots to No. 129 in the “best schools” category. The school has climbed 15 spots in the rankings over the last three years. The Part-Time Program is ranked No. 29.
The U.S. News 2022 Best Graduate Schools guide is a tool to help prospective students understand the graduate school landscape. The rankings highlight the top programs in business, law, medicine, engineering, and education, among other specialties