Legal Practice Skills (LPS)
Suffolk Law's Legal Writing Program is a required first-year course where students hone their writing, analysis, research, and oral advocacy skills. The knowledge, skills, and experience that employers demand the most are gained in this year-long course and provide the foundation for students to be successful lawyers.
Providing Practice & Feedback
Through numerous assessments of competencies critical for success in the legal profession students apply the skills they learn in a practice setting and receive individual feedback on their work.
Suffolk Law's Legal Writing Program faculty teach timeless fundamentals using exciting innovations through creative teaching methods. Cutting-edge approaches include podcasts; clickers; YouTube videos; and Twitter.
Suffolk Law's Legal Writing Program team of experienced faculty members are lawyers and scholars who serve as leaders in legal writing education. They present around the country, publish books and articles, and hold influential offices in key legal writing organizations, including the Legal Writing Institute and the Association of Legal Writing Directors.
- Academic Integrity and Plagiarism
- Certificate of Compliance Online
- Certificate of Compliance Instructions [PDF]
- Legal Writing Matters Blog
- Research Tools Quick Guide [PDF]
- LPS Student Handbook 2019-2020 [PDF]
- LPS Program Objective Memorandum [PDF]
- Proven Strategies for Maximizing Learning [PPT]
- Law Student Well-Being Blog
- Proven Strategies for Maximizing Learning - Audio Recording
Visit the faculty directory