In fact, our programs in Legal Writing, Clinics, Dispute Resolution and Trial Advocacy are all ranked in the US News Top 20. These programs are the cornerstone of a practical, hands-on education in the law.
By the Numbers
- We're the only school in the country that has had four top-20 ranked legal skills specialties–clinics, dispute resolution, legal writing, and trial advocacy–in U.S. News & World Report for four years in a row (2017-20 editions).
- Legal Writing is ranked third and has ranked in the top 10 for eight consecutive years.
- Trial Advocacy is ranked 15th; this is its fourth year in a row in the top 20.
- Clinical Programs are ranked 19th; they have placed in the top 25 for 11 of the past 12 years.
- Dispute Resolution is ranked 16th and has been in the top 20 for eight years running.
- In overall rankings, U.S. News once again listed Suffolk Law in the "Best Schools" category.
“An Innovative Force”
PreLaw Magazine lists Suffolk among its “Top 20 Most Innovative Law Schools,” and the ABA’s Law Practice Magazine names Suffolk to its top 10 list of innovators. PreLaw calls Suffolk “an innovative force.”
Other Rankings, Awards, and Recognitions
- Most Patent Law Partners in Massachusetts
- “Best Law School Buildings 2018” (Spring 2018 PreLaw Magazine)
- Law Students of the Year, 2016, 2017, 2019 (PreLaw Magazine)
- Top 18 for most Top-20 ranked legal specialty programs (US News in most recent ranking)
- Best schools for tech law, IP (PreLaw Magazine spring 2018)
- ABA’s top award for access to justice efforts (to students 2016)
- “Pro Bono Innovator of the Year” (Legaltech News 2016)
- 4 of 11 District Attorneys are alumni
- 2 State Supreme Court Chief Justices in New England