Suffolk Law Rankings
In fact, our programs in Legal Writing, Clinics, Dispute Resolution and Trial Advocacy are all ranked in the US News Top 20. These programs are the cornerstone of a practical, hands-on education in the law.
By the Numbers
- We’re the only school in the country that has earned top 20 rankings in all four of the legal skills specialties for three years running.
- Many of the school’s top 20-ranked clinics offer students a chance to argue before a judge—great real-world courtroom experience.
- Regarding the power of our training for the courtroom (US News #14 in trial advocacy), our National Trial Team students have won the New England championships of one of the two major national trial competitions 28 times in 33 years.
“An Innovative Force”
PreLaw Magazine lists Suffolk among its “Top 20 Most Innovative Law Schools,” and the ABA’s Law Practice Magazine names Suffolk to its top 10 list of innovators. PreLaw calls Suffolk “an innovative force.”
Other Rankings, Awards, and Recognitions
- #32 in Intellectual Property (US News)
- Most Patent Law Partners in Massachusetts
- “Best Law School Buildings 2018” (Spring 2018 PreLaw Magazine)
- Law Students of the Year, Northeast Region, 2016, 2017 (PreLaw Magazine)
- Top 15 for most ranked legal specialty programs (US News in most recent ranking)
- Best schools for tech law, IP (PreLaw Magazine spring 2018)
- ABA’s top award for access to justice efforts (to students 2016)
- “Pro Bono Innovator of the Year” (Legaltech News 2016)
- 5 of 11 District Attorneys are alumni
- 3 State Supreme Court Chief Justices in New England