In fact, our programs in Legal Writing, Clinics, Dispute Resolution and Trial Advocacy are all ranked in the US News Top 35. These programs are the cornerstone of a practical, hands-on education in the law. We're also known for innovation. In 2018 and again in 2021, PreLaw Magazine named Suffolk Law the #1 school in the nation for legal technology.
By the Numbers
- Suffolk Law is the only school in the country that has had four top-35 ranked legal skills specialties–clinics, dispute resolution, legal writing, and trial advocacy–in U.S. News & World Report for six years in a row (2017-22 editions).
- Legal Writing is ranked fourth and has ranked in the top 10 for ten consecutive years.
- Clinical Programs are ranked 15th; they have placed in the top 20 for six years running.
- Trial Advocacy is ranked 24th; this is its sixth year in a row in the top 25.
- Dispute Resolution is ranked 32nd.
- Health Law is ranked 45th.
- The Part-Time JD Program is ranked 29th, which is gratifying since Suffolk Law was founded as an evening law school.
- In overall rankings, U.S. News once again listed Suffolk Law in the "Best Schools" category.
“An Innovative Force”
PreLaw Magazine lists Suffolk among its “Top 20 Most Innovative Law Schools,” and the ABA’s Law Practice Magazine names Suffolk to its top 10 list of innovators. PreLaw calls Suffolk “an innovative force.”
Other Rankings, Awards, and Recognitions
- Most Patent Law Partners in Massachusetts
- “Best Law School Buildings 2018” (Spring 2018 PreLaw Magazine)
- Law Students of the Year (top 10 finalists): 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020 (PreLaw Magazine)
- Best schools for IP, Health Law (PreLaw Magazine 2020)
- ABA’s top award for access to justice efforts (to students 2016)
- Recent media coverage of Suffolk's Housing Discrimination Testing Program (HDTP) included The Boston Globe, NPR, Esquire and ABC News
- 4 of 11 District Attorneys are alumni
- 2 State Supreme Court Chief Justices in New England
- 3 of 7 Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court justices are Suffolk Law alumni