Benefits & Services - Law
Suffolk Law alumni may take advantage of the many career tools and support provided by the Office of Professional & Career Development. These include access to job postings, career counseling, and networking opportunities.
Suffolk Law alumni can request both official and unofficial transcripts, or replace their diploma with assistance from the Registrar.
Law Library Services
We encourage graduates of Suffolk University Law School to come to the library and use its resources for their research needs.
To use the library's resources, including full borrowing privileges for circulating materials, make sure you have your alumni ID card, which can be obtained at the first floor security office.
In addition to using the extensive print collection, alumni who come to the library can also take advantage of our:
- Westlaw Alumni Terminal: Located to the left of the reference desk, these terminals give access to:
- Cases from all federal and state courts (with West headnotes)
- Massachusetts General Laws Annotated
- Code of Massachusetts Regulations
- United States Code Annotated
- Massachusetts Practice Series
- MCLE Titles
- Subscription Databases: The library subscribes to numerous research databases, most of which can be accessed from any computer in the library.
- Recent grads have access to Westlaw and Practical Law for 18 months after graduation through GradElite
- All alumni have full on-campus access to MCLE OnlinePass
For alumni living and working outside of Boston, check out the resources available at the Massachusetts Trial Court Law Libraries, in 15 locations throughout the state. The libraries are open to the public and have print resources and electronic databases (including some available from off-site). Each location provides on-site access to Westlaw and Lexis.
If you have any questions, ask a Suffolk University Law School legal research librarian. You can also call us at 617-573-8516 or stop by the research desk (straight ahead after you enter the library).