The Global Gateway Program
The Suffolk University Madrid Campus provides an opportunity for students to immerse themselves in Spanish history and culture. Our Global Gateway Program gives a globally focused cohort of students the opportunity to experience Spain at a fraction of the cost.
The Spring 2024 trip will occur on March 9 - March 16, 2024.
Any first-year student is welcome to apply for the Global Gateway Program. The program is open to students of all majors within both the College of Arts & Sciences and the Sawyer Business School.
Students will complete an online application (available in September) where they can express why they are a good match for this program. The application deadline is October 28, 2023. Following the submission of their application, eligible students will be invited to an in-person interview. Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program by the end of December 2023.
There will be a series of mandatory group meetings before and after the trip dates to inform students of expectations, introduce students to Spanish culture, and outline project goals for group presentations after the trip.
For more information, please contact us.
- Application deadline: October 31, 2023
- Interviews take place in November and December 2023
- Students will be notified by the end of December 2023
- Confirm acceptance by late January 2024
- Apply for passport in late late January 2024 (if applicable)
- Payment due by end of January 2024
- 3-4 meetings in February and March leading up to the trip
- Travel Saturday, March 9, 2024 – Saturday, March 16, 2024
- Two meetings upon return, including presentation open to the Suffolk community
Information sessions will be held in 73 Tremont, Room 5035 from 12:30 - 1 p.m. on:
- Tuesday, September 19
- Tuesday, September 26
- Tuesday, October 3
- Tuesday, October 10
- Tuesday, October 17
- Tuesday, October 24
Contact us with any questions you may have.