The Global Gateway Program
The Suffolk University Madrid Campus provides an opportunity for students to immerse themselves in Spanish history and culture. Our Global Gateway Program gives a globally focused cohort of students the opportunity to experience Spain at a fraction of the cost.
The Spring 2023 trip will occur on March 11 - March 18, 2023.
Any first-year student is welcome to apply for the Global Gateway Program. The program is open to students of all majors within both the College of Arts & Sciences and the Sawyer Business School.
Students will complete an online application where they can express why they are a good match for this program. The application deadline is October 28, 2022. Following the submission of their application, eligible students will be invited to an in-person interview. Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program by the end of December 2022.
There will be a series of mandatory group meetings before and after the trip dates to inform students of expectations, introduce students to Spanish culture, and outline project goals for group presentations after the trip.
For more information, please contact us here.
- Application deadline: October 31, 2022
- Interviews take place in November and December 2022
- Students will be notified by the end of December 2022
- Confirm acceptance by late January 2023
- Apply for passport in late late January 2023 (if applicable)
- Payment due by end of January 2023
- 3-4 meetings in February and March leading up to the trip
- Travel Saturday, March 11, 2023 – Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Two meetings upon return, including presentation open to the Suffolk community
- Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- Thursday, October 20, 2022
- Tuesday, October, 25, 2022
All information sessions will be held from 12:30 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. in 73 Tremont, Room 5040.