Need-Based Aid Requirements
You need to:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be admitted and enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits per semester with the exception of select Federal Pell Grant recipients
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Not be in default on prior educational loans
- Not owe a Title IV refund
Some students may be selected for a process called verification. All students who are chosen for verification will be notified by the Student Financial Services Office and must submit requested documentation in order to receive need-based aid.
To receive maximum consideration for need-based funding, students should meet all published Financial Aid deadlines.