Applications are currently being accepted for July 2023.
Schools and criminal justice agencies are increasingly hiring restorative justice specialists to oversee and coordinate the implementation of restorative practices within their organization. As a skills-based applied program, the PCRJP certificate program equips graduates to practice, train, and lead restorative work in their chosen field.
Restorative Justice is a profound understanding about justice and its essential importance to the healthy functioning of individuals, families, communities, organizations, and systems. The program blends skill and facilitation development with theoretical, cultural, and spiritual understandings and strategies for organizational change, implementation, and sustainability. The curriculum is designed to develop skills and application of content through hands-on experience in the field in a 3-month practicum.
Certification in Restorative Justice Practices enhances the professional skills for those currently working in education, social work, legal advocacy, social justice, and juvenile or adult criminal justice. Upon completion of the Certificate in Restorative Justice Practices, participants will be equipped with the theoretical understanding, practical knowledge, and leadership skills to advocate, develop, implement, and lead restorative justice practices and programs.
- Eleven day, full-time July 17—28, 2023 (online)
- Online Course Options
- Restorative Justice Practice in Education
- Restorative Justice Practice in Criminal-Legal Systems
- Supervised Practicum
- Final residency and graduation in June 2024
- One-year program with three-week residency and online courses
- Our skill-based applied program is designed to equip graduates to practice, train, design, and implement
- Program faculty are Experienced restorative justice practitioners and scholars
- Gain a broad knowledge of cultural, historical, and spiritual roots of restorative justice
- Focus on implementation within education and criminal-legal systems
- Supervised field practicum for hands-on implementation experience
- Foundational commitment to racial and social justice activism as integral to restorative justice
- Online Application
- $50 Application Fee
- Goal Statement
- An unofficial transcript indicating the highest level of academic achievement is encouraged
- Eleven day online intensive course
- Online course elective
- Practicum course
- Five-day June final intensive course
Restorative Justice Employer Partnership
The Center for Restorative Justice offers a 10% tuition discount to employers that join our Restorative Justice Partnership Program.
What is the timing for the online courses?
Synchronous class sessions will be scheduled in the evenings.
Are there any required online courses?
Students must take two online courses, one of which is a supervised practicum in the implementation of Restorative Practices.
How much is program tuition?
Tuition rate for the Professional Certificate in Restorative Justice Practices is $7544.
Is there a program deposit?
Once an offer of admissions is accepted, a non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to hold a program slot.
Is the cost of books and materials included in the program tuition cost?
No, books and other materials are purchased separately from program tuition costs.
Are there available scholarships?
Yes. Limited scholarship support based on merit and need is allocated on a first come/first served basis at the time of application. Students who are seeking scholarship support are urged to submit applications as soon as possible.
Applicants are automatically considered for aid, no separate application is required.
As a non-credit program, the RJP Professional Certificate is not eligible for federal financial aid.
Do you offer tuition discounts for the PCRJP Program?
Suffolk University offers a 10% tuition discount for employees of schools, districts, and agencies that join the Restorative Justice Partnership Program.
What materials are required to apply to the PCRJP Program?
- Completed online application; select “Restorative Justice 2023 Summer”
- Goal Statement (Personal essay)
- An interview or post-secondary transcript may be requested
When is the application deadline?
The Application Deadline is June 1, 2023.
For more questions, contact:
Center for Restorative Justice