Note: The inaugural class of the Professional Certificate in Restorative Justice Practices will now enroll in July 2021. Applications are currently being accepted.
Schools and criminal justice agencies are increasingly hiring restorative justice specialists to oversee and coordinate the implementation of restorative practices within their organization. As a skills-based applied program, the PCRJP certificate program equips graduates to practice, train, and lead restorative work in their chosen field.
Restorative Justice is a profound understanding about justice and its essential importance to the healthy functioning of individuals, families, communities, organizations, and systems. The program blends skill and facilitation development with theoretical, cultural, and spiritual understandings and strategies for organizational change, implementation, and sustainability. The curriculum is designed to develop skills and application of content through hands-on experience in the field in a 3-month practicum.
Certification in Restorative Justice Practices enhances the professional skills for those currently working in education, social work, legal advocacy, social justice, and juvenile or adult criminal justice. Upon completion of the Certificate in Restorative Justice Practices, participants will be equipped with the theoretical understanding, practical knowledge, and leadership skills to advocate, develop, implement, and lead restorative justice practices and programs.
- Twelve day, full-time online* intensive residency July 5–16, 2021 (*Due to Covid-19, this residency is scheduled to take place online)
- Online Course Options
- Restorative Justice Practice in Education
- Restorative Justice Practice in Criminal-Legal Systems
- Supervised Practicum
- One week final residency and graduation in July 2022
- One-year program with three-week online residency and online courses
- Our skill-based applied program is designed to equip graduates to practice, train, design, and implement
- Program faculty are Experienced restorative justice practitioners and scholars
- Gain a broad knowledge of cultural, historical, and spiritual roots of restorative justice
- Focus on implementation within education and criminal-legal systems
- Supervised field practicum for hands-on implementation experience
- Foundational commitment to racial and social justice activism as integral to restorative justice
- Online Application
- $50 Application Fee
- Goal Statement
- An unofficial transcript indicating the highest level of academic achievement is encouraged
- Two week online intensive course July 2021
- Online course component
- September – December 2021
- Additional dates and details forthcoming
- Practicum course component
- January – May 2022
- Additional dates and details forthcoming
- Five day on-campus* intensive course
- July 2022 (*Covid 19 permitting)
Employer Partnership with Suffolk
Suffolk University offers a 10% tuition discount for employees of schools, districts, and agencies that join our Restorative Justice Partnership Program with Suffolk University.
Synchronous class sessions will be scheduled in the evenings.
Students must take two online courses, one of which is a supervised practicum in the implementation of Restorative Practices.
Tuition rate for the Professional Certificate in Restorative Justice Practices is $7200.
Once an offer of admissions is accepted, a non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to hold a program slot.
No, books and other materials are purchased separately from program tuition costs.
Yes. Limited scholarship support based on merit and need is allocated on a first come/first served basis at the time of application. Students who are seeking scholarship support are urged to submit applications as soon as possible.
Applicants are automatically considered for aid, no separate application is required.
As a non-credit program, the RJP Professional Certificate is not eligible for federal financial aid.
Suffolk University offers a 10% tuition discount for employees of schools, districts, and agencies that join the Restorative Justice Partnership Program with Suffolk University.
- Completed online application; select “Restorative Justice 2021 Summer”
- Goal Statement (Personal essay)
- An interview or post-secondary transcript may be requested
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until May 31, 2021.