Download the form [XLS] and review the instructions below for its proper use.
Note: This form is NOT to be used for employee reimbursement.
For payments to employees, see the Travel & Expense section on this website.
Note: This form is NOT to be used for honorarium payment of $1,000 or less.
Use the Honorarium Payment Request Form instead.
How to use a Check Request
- Fill out the check request completely (be sure to put a check-mark in the "Mail" or "Hold" block and obtain all proper signatures).
- Be Sure to include a complete and clear business purpose for the expense.
- Attach the proper documentation from the contract with the vendor/independent contractor. University Contract [PDF].
- Obtain proper approvals in accordance with the Payment & Procurement Authorization Policy.
- Attach the original copy of any form that is to be mailed out with checks. If you plan to pick up the check and mail it yourself, attach a copy of the form.
Due to the check preparation process itself, only those check requests that are received in the Business Office by 4:45 p.m. on Monday will be available for pick up on Friday at noon providing no additional information or documentation is needed. During holidays weeks, check with the Business Office for special schedules.
- Checks will not be sent through interoffice mail
- Addresses are necessary in all cases
A completed tax form is required for ALL new vendors.
Please see further instructions on tax forms for new vendors here.