Division of Student Success
Due to the transition to online instruction and the closure of administrative offices, the Division of Student Success will modify some of its services for the remainder of the semester. Please know, however, that we are still prepared to continue providing our full range of academic services to assist you.
DSS Spring 2020 FAQ's
Please visit the DSS Spring 2020 FAQ page for frequently asked questions and answers for each of our departments. If you have additional questions, reach out to us by calling 617-573-8034 or emailing.
Updates to Spring 2020 Services
Academic coaching will continue by phone or online via Zoom.
- If you currently have an assigned coach, they will contact you to determine which option works best for your particular situation
- If you would like to be assigned a coach to support you with time management, goal setting, study habits, etc., please email Orla Downey
All tutoring services, including one-on-one tutoring appointments, will be offered remotely via Zoom for the remainder of the spring semester.
- All drop-in tutoring (math/stats, accounting, writing) will now operate online by appointment only
To make an appointment call 617.573.8034 or click the "Get Assistance" button on the homepage of your Navigate account
- All study groups and English language workshops will continue to meet at their scheduled times, but online via Zoom
For more information, as well as Zoom links to all study groups and English language workshops, please visit the CLAS webpage or contact us with any questions regarding tutoring or academic coaching
UAAC is available to meet with students by phone or online via Zoom. You can make an appointment by calling 617-573-8034 or by clicking the "Get Assistance" button on the homepage of your Navigate account.
During this time, UAAC appointment options include:
- Add/ Drop / Schedule Changes - if you want to discuss your Spring or Summer 2020 course schedule
- Program Evaluation - questions regarding your program evaluation (credits, transfer credits, courses needed, major/minor changes, academic standing)
- Registration - discuss your FALL 2020 course schedule options
- Study Abroad Madrid - for students planning to go to Madrid during the Fall 2020 semester (option available until April 1st)
For undergraduate students, contact us with any general questions, including excess course petitions and outside course petitions.
SBS Graduate Student Advising can provide SBS graduate students guidance on your program planning including completion of the spring semester and future semesters if appropriate. For specific issues, please contact your Graduate Program Advisor.
CAS graduate students are encouraged to work with their CAS graduate student advisor for guidance on your program planning. For specific issues, please contact your Graduate Program Director. If you need additional assistance, you may reach out to Emily Vecchiarelli, Assistant Director of Graduate Programs.
Accommodations for students with disabilities will continue to apply for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. If you have set up your accommodations with your faculty this semester, we encourage you to communicate with each professor to discuss how your accommodations may apply.
All exams will follow the formats determined by your professors, and exams will not be proctored at the Office of Disability Services for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. If you wish to use your approved exam accommodations, please communicate with your professor in advance of the scheduled assessment.
Options can include additional time to complete "take home" style exams, a time extension to an exam given through Blackboard, or other necessary accommodations.
See the email from Dean Ann Coyne dated March 11th for questions related to attendance and absences, and communicate with your service provider and professors to discuss questions regarding any attendance accommodations.
If you have not requested a Spring 2020 accommodation letter and wish to do so, please fill out the accommodation letter request form, and we will be able to provide you with an electronic copy of your letter. Feel free to contact us if you or your professors have any questions.
CIPS staff remains dedicated to supporting our international and study abroad students, and will continue to meet with students via Zoom. During this challenging time, please be aware that:
- International students are still able to maintain their F-1 or J-1 status as long as they stay enrolled in a full-time, online course load (minimum 12 credits)
As always, only students in the final semester of their program, or who have received prior approval from CIPS, are permitted to enroll in less than 12 credits
- If you require a travel signature, you should request a shipment of documents
- All planned workshops and info sessions (OPT, CPT, Study Abroad, etc.) will be conducted via Zoom, CIPS staff will send out links via email
- At this time, Summer (June, July, August) and Fall 2020 study abroad programs are scheduled to take place as usual
The International Student Services Office (ISSO) and Study Abroad websites will be updated as soon as possible with comprehensive information about the availability and delivery of services. Questions can be directed to the International Student Services Office and Study Abroad.
The CDC staff will be available remotely for career advising by phone and online via Zoom.
You can make an individual appointment via Handshake or by calling 617-573-8034 and indicate the type of meeting you prefer, Zoom or telephone. If you make a Zoom appointment, you will receive a meeting invitation from your advisor before the scheduled time. Remember to please pay attention to whether the appointment will be held via Zoom or over the phone.
Drop-in hours will remain available from 12:15-1:15 p.m. EST by Zoom.
There are a few options for you in the way that you connect to a Zoom meeting. You can:
- Go to https://suffolk.zoom.us/j/895799215 and use Meeting ID: 895 799 215
- Dial in from U.S. telephone to one of these numbers:
- +1 929 436 2866
- +1 312 626 6799
- +1 301 715 8592
- +1 346 248 7799
- +1 669 900 6833
- Dial in from international numbers and use Meeting ID: 895 799 215
Career Development Center organized events are being handled on a case-by-case basis. Most events will be moved to a virtual format or content will be provided in an alternative format, and others will be rescheduled. For information about a specific event, please check your Handshake account or email us.
Division of Student Success
73 Tremont Street, 9th Floor