ODS establishes partnerships with students, faculty, and staff to instill values that are usable, equitable, sustainable, and inclusive to all members of the greater Suffolk community.
What we do
- Advocate on behalf of students with disabilities
- Educate faculty and staff on best practices when working with students with disabilities
- Meet one-on-one with students to determine their accommodation needs and provide ongoing support
- Refer students to resources on campus that will help them succeed
- Educate the Suffolk community about the needs of students with disabilities on campus and at campus-sponsored events
Disability Services FAQs
I have accommodations. How will my accommodation letters be provided with the return to in-person classes?
When you request your accommodation letter, we will provide it to you in a PDF format. Printed copies of accommodation letters will be available by request. To establish accommodations for classes, students will be expected to provide their accommodation letter and schedule a time to discuss it with their instructors.
All exams for in-person classes will be proctored in an on-campus, in-person setting.
If you need to request proctoring arrangements for an exam in an online class, please contact the Office of Disability Services directly and we will evaluate requests on a case-by-case basis.
You can call or stop by to schedule a meeting or contact your service provider directly via email with questions. To schedule a meeting time, please call the Division of Student Success at 617-573-8034. Meetings with the ODS will take place in person on the 9th floor of 73 Tremont street. We will also be available to meet remote, via Zoom. If you wish to meet in a remote setting, please indicate this when scheduling your appointment.