ODS establishes partnerships with students, faculty, and staff to instill values that are usable, equitable, sustainable, and inclusive to all members of the greater Suffolk community.
What we do
- Advocate on behalf of students with disabilities
- Educate faculty and staff on best practices when working with students with disabilities
- Meet one-on-one with students to determine their accommodation needs and provide ongoing support
- Refer students to resources on campus that will help them succeed
- Educate the Suffolk community about the needs of students with disabilities on campus and at campus-sponsored events
Disability Services Summer 2020 FAQs
The specific accommodations you have will not change. If you have already provided a letter of accommodations to your faculty, we recommend communicating with them to plan for how your accommodations will apply to your new class format.
No. If you have not requested a Summer 2020 accommodation letter and wish to do so, please fill out the accommodation letter request form, and we will be able to provide you with an electronic copy of your letter.
No, exams will not be proctored at ODS for the duration of the Summer 2020 semester. If you wish to use your approved exam accommodations, please communicate with your professor in advance of the scheduled assessment. Options can include additional time to complete "take home" style exams, a time extension to an exam given through Blackboard, or other necessary accommodations.
You can email ODS, or you can contact your service provider directly with questions. To schedule a time to meet, please call the Division of Student Success at 617-573-8034. Once an appointment time is scheduled, Andrew Cioffi will create and invite you to a Zoom meeting.