MassRIDES’s Emergency Rides Home program, in conjunction with Suffolk University, supports “green” commuters with a ride if an unexpected emergency arises during normal working hours. “Green” commuting includes walking, cycling, using public transit or participating in a car/van pool If you “green” commute at least twice a week you can receive a reimbursement of up to $100, up to four (4) times a year when you have a qualifying emergency.
A “Qualifying Emergency” is:
- Unexpected personal illness/emergency
- Unexpected family illness/emergency
- Unexpected overtime
- Carpool leaves due to an illness emergency
How does it work?
On the day of the emergency you
- Arrange a form of transportation (Taxi, Uber/Lyft, Car rental)
- Pay for the emergency ride
- Keep the receipt
- Submit for reimbursement through www.commute.com
MassRides will confirm with the University that you are eligible (you were at work that day and your time record indicates you left work before your normal departure time). Once confirmed, you will receive reimbursement. It’s as simple as that.
How do you enroll?
Enrolling in Emergency Ride Home is free and easy:
- Visit the website
- Select Commuter
- Select Emergency Ride Home
- Select ERH Registration
- Fill in your details and submit