IT Governance Committee Charter
IT Governance Committee (ITGC)
The committee determines the decision rights and accountability framework for the use of technology at the University. It focuses specifically on IT infrastructure, software applications, and systems; business and academic processes; IT services and their performance; and risk management. Committee membership should include academic and administrative leaders of all key functional areas of the university.
- Direct and oversee activities of all Suffolk IT Governance Working Groups and ad hoc committees.
- Appoint Chairs of all IT Governance Working Groups; review and advise on committee membership to ensure broad participation from the institution, and review membership as appropriate. Set term of appointment for Working Group Chairs.
- Work with IT to create a coordinated vision for technology to facilitate planning.
- Establish definitions and priorities for initiatives/projects and assign tasks to the Working Groups.
- Review, consider, prioritize, approve, resource/fund, and monitor progress of IT projects.
- Ensure alignment of initiatives/projects with Suffolk University Strategic Plan Imperatives and Objectives and the strategic plans of the Schools, College, IT, and functional departments.
- Review, prioritize, approve and submit requests for budget and funding.
- Review and approve recommendations for policies, standards, guidelines, recommendations and communicate these to the user community.
- Encourage and facilitate communication among all Working Groups and sub-committees.
- Ensure communication among the IT Governance Committee, Working Groups, and the Suffolk user community.
- Ensure that Faculty and the executive team participate in informed decision making.
IT Executive Governance Committee Members
- Ann Coyne, Associate Vice President/Dean of Students
- Daniel Esdale, Chief Marketing Officer
- Donna Grand Pre, Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Katherine Whidden, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Laura Sander, Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration/Treasurer
- Lauren Nolfo-Clements , Associate Professor, Faculty Senate Designate
- Philip De George, Associate Vice President of Development Operations
- Sebastian Royo, Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost
- Thomas Lynch III, Chief Information Officer