Employee O365 Migration
Email quotas will be increased by 25x to 50GB and 1TB of OneDrive.
Over the next few months, all employee email, calendar and contacts will be moved from our on premise Microsoft Exchange email servers to the Microsoft Office 365 cloud. The move will combine our student, faculty and staff emails in a single system, allowing for better collaboration between students and employees.
The new system, known as Office 365, will provide you with the following:
- Increased mailbox size from 2 to 50 Gigabytes of email storage
- Access to Microsoft OneDrive, a cloud based storage service with 1 Terabyte of online storage
Your username, password, and email address will remain the same.
WHEN MIGRATION IS COMPLETE
If you are using Outlook
Close Outlook and Restart
An authentication box asking you to enter your password will appear
firstname.lastname@example.org should automatically populate
IF USING UMAIL
Open a Browser and type the NEW EMAIL URL: o365.suffolk.edu
(the letter "o" - not a zero)
This will replace umail.suffolk.edu
Login with existing credentials
SETTINGS ON PHONE
When Migration is complete, a pop up window might appear
Cancel out of this window
YOU NEED TO DELETE THE CURRENT ACCOUNT ON YOUR PHONE
For iPhone, Under Settings
Go to Passwords & Accounts
Select Suffolk email account (might be Exchange)
scroll to the bottom
Click Delete Account to delete old email account
For Android, Under Settings
Tap Accounts (might be Users & Accounts)
Select Suffolk email (might be listed as Exchange)
You should see a Remove Account option at the bottom
If not, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and then Remove Account
TO ADD NEW ACCOUNT
Go to Passwords & Accounts
Type full Email address (ie: email@example.com)
Click Next, Click Sign in
The ADFS screen will appear with email address populated
Remove the @suffolk.edu (keep username ie: jdoe)
Click Sign in
If Android prompts for Domain\Username field: just enter firstname.lastname@example.org
After migration you will receive a popup, click "Allow"
After clicking Allow, another popup will appear.
Delete adm.suffolk.edu\ from the username field and replace with email@example.com
Enter your password then click "Ok"
The ADFS screen will appear
Remove @adm.suffolk.edu, leaving only the username
Enter your password then click "Sign In"
Frequently Asked Questioned - Office365 Email & Migration
- Why is email being moved to the cloud?
- Moving to the cloud has many benefits: more space, less expensive, more collaborative tools, always up to date, etc.
- When will my account be moved to the cloud? What is the schedule?
- see table above
- What is the o365 email quota?
- Will all items in my Inbox/Sent Items/Folders be moved?
- I forward my email, will my forward rules remain?
- Will I lose any email?
- Will my address lists work in Office365?
- What is my Office 365 username
- Your Office 365 username is the same as your current Suffolk Username.
- How do I access Office 365?
- Via outlook or o365.suffolk.edu or mobile device
- What's the impact to my personal copy of Office on my personal computer?
- You will now have access to install Office apps on 5 devices.
- How do I reset my password for Office 365?
- Click on reset password at the o365.suffolk.edu link
- What happens to my local archived email?
- Local archive files (.pst) will remain local on your machine.
- What happens to junk/spam folder?
- Junk/Spam will go to your Junk Folder. Be Sure to check for any emails in this folder.