How to Register for Classes
Login to WebAdvisor
- Review your Program Evaluation to determine what you need to register for.
- Go to WebAdvisor
- Enter your Login ID and Password which is the same as your email login/password. If you need assistance logging in, contact the Suffolk University Service Desk at 617-557-2000 or by email.
- Select Registration/Class Schedule
Search & Select to Preferred Sections
Students must first create a Preferred Section List of classes in order to register. Be sure to verify prerequisites are complete before beginning the registration process. Selecting courses to a preferred section list does not guarantee registration in the course(s).
- Enter Term (e.g., Fall 2020 is 20/FA, Spring 2021 is 21/SP) and at least one other search criteria, e.g., Subject, Course Type, or Academic Level.
- Select section on the left and click submit to add to your preferred list. Repeat process to add additional courses.
- Register and Drop Sections will appear on the top of the screen. From this screen, please follow the Register for Classes on My Preferred List instructions.
Register & Drop Preferred Sections
To officially register for classes on your preferred list an action must be selected for all preferred sections:
- Under Preferred Sections, you may individually select an action from the drop-down menu for each course on your list.
- Sections may be removed from a preferred list at any time from this screen.
- Students who receive an error message at the top of the page stating "You are not eligible for registration at this time," should contact the Ram Registration & Financial Center at 617-573-8488 or by email.
- Once the appropriate registration actions are selected, click submit.
- Registration results will display and any errors will appear at the top of the screen in red.
Add To and Manage My Waitlist
Students may add themselves to a waitlist for closed courses. Only closed courses can be waitlisted. Students may not be on a waitlist for a course if currently registered for another section of the same course.
To add yourself to a waitlist:
- From the Register and Drop Preferred Sections screen, select the waitlist action from the drop-down menu for the course. The course will appear under the Waitlist section of the Registration Results screen.
- To view the number of students on a waitlist, select Manage My Waitlist on the left hand navigation.
- Students will be emailed as they become eligible to register from a waitlist. It is extremely important that students check their Suffolk email for these notifications. The opening will be offered to the next student on the waitlist if no action is taken by the deadline stated in the email.
- Students should remove themselves from the waitlist if they do not intend to register so the next student on the list can be notified.
To register for waitlisted course sections once you have received approval:
- Login to WebAdvisor
- Select Classes & Registration
- Select Manage My Waitlist under Registration/Class Schedule Menu
- Choose Register from the Action column next to the course.
- To be removed from a waitlist, select an action of Remove.
- Results screen will appear.
Drop A Class
Students wishing to drop a class will do so on the Register and Drop Preferred Sections Screen:
- Under Current Registrations, check the box in the DROP column for the course you wish to remove from your current registration.
- Click Submit.
- Registration Results screen will appear.