How to Register for Classes
- To log into your Student Resources listed above, enter your Suffolk Login ID and Password credentials. If you need assistance logging in, contact the Suffolk University Service Desk at 617-557-2000 or by email.
- Prior to registering for classes, it is advised that you review your Program Evaluation which is located in WebAdvisor.
Before You Register
Complete your e-Checkin
- Login to WebAdvisor with your Suffolk University login credentials (email login ID and password). If you have difficulty logging in, please contact the University Service Desk at 617-557-2000 or by email.
- Once you are logged in to WebAdvisor, click on the yellow Students tab. The e-Checkin screen can be found on the My Personal Information tab. Before completing the process, it will be the only item you may access. Read and complete each form carefully before proceeding to the next screen.
- After completing all the screens, you will need to completely logout of WebAdvisor, close your browser, then go back in to access the full Students Menu.
You can find more information regarding e-Checkin by visiting the Student Affairs webpage.
Complete your Financial Agreement
- Login to Self Service with your Suffolk University login credentials (email login ID and password). If you have difficulty logging in, please contact the University Service Desk at 617-557-2000 or by email.
- Once you are logged into Self Service, you will need to go to the top of the page and click on the three horizontal lines. Click on the User Options arrow, and select Required Agreements. From there, you will be able to fill out the financial agreement.
- Once completed, it will say AGREED in green next to the agreement. If you are having difficulty completing the agreement, please contact the Student Accounts office at 617-573-8488 or by email.
Search & Select Courses to add to your Planned Schedule
Students must place classes of interest on their Planned Schedule using Self Service in order to register. Be sure to verify prerequisites are complete before beginning Self Service Registration. Placing classes on your Planned Schedule does not guarantee registration in the courses(s).
- Once you have logged into Self Service, select the Search for Sections tile to begin planning your schedule.
- Enter Term (e.g. Fall 2021, Spring 2021, Summer Module 1, 2, 3 or A) and at least one other search criteria, (eg. Subject, Course Type, or Days/Times).
- Click on the “Add” button to see more Section Details and to “Add Section” to your planned schedule. Continue to Search and Add Classes of interest to your Planned Schedule.
- Classes placed on your Planned Schedule will be marked as “Scheduled” on Search for Sections. Scheduled does not mean you are registered for the course.
- To review your Planned Schedule click on the Academics Tab>Register for Classes which is located on the left side of the screen. You can add and remove classes from your planned schedule.
Courses in conflict are indicated in red on the grid and are noted on the class in conflict. Courses that are on your planned schedule which have not been registered are indicated by the color tan.
Your assigned registration date/time will display above your planned schedule for the term.
The Register button(s) will be greyed out until you are eligible for registration.
Registering for Classes
On or after your assigned registration day, you may register your courses from your Planned Schedule.
- You may register your courses from the Self Service home page or from within the Academics>Register for Classes option. The Register feature will only display if you are eligible to register for classes. If you do not see the option, check the notification area located at the top right of the screen.
- Using the Register option from the home page will display all courses on your planned schedule. Check off which courses you would like to take and click the Register button. Select the Go to Schedule button to see the registered courses which are indicated by the color green on your Planned Schedule.
- You may also use the “Register” buttons under each course within the Academics>Register for Classes area located on the left side of screen.
- Using the “Register Now” option located above the planned schedule will attempt to register all courses on your schedule.
Registration results will display. If there is an issue with the registration, it will be noted in the upper right notification area as well as on the left side of your planned schedule. Any number of courses may be added or dropped from your planned schedule. Student course loads will be checked at the time of registration. Other reasons a registration may fail are course conflicts, prerequisites and class availability.
Add to and Manage My Waitlist
Students may add themselves to a waitlist for closed courses. Students may not be added to a waitlist if they are currently registered for another section of the same course.
To add yourself to a waitlist:
- Select Search for Sections and place the course on your planned schedule.
- Go to your planned schedule which is located under the Academics Tab>Register for Classes. Clicking on the Waitlist button located beneath the course information will place you on the waitlist for that course.
- Students will be emailed if a space becomes available. It is extremely important to check your Suffolk email for the notification. The opening will be offered to the next student if no action is taken by the deadline stated in the email.
- Students should Drop Waitlist from their planned schedule if they do not intend on registering so the next student on the waitlist may be offered the available seat in the class.
To register for a waitlisted course once you have received approval.
- Login to Self Service
- Select Academics>Register for Classes located on left side of screen
- Click the “Register” button located under the course you want to register.
- The Registration Result will be displayed under the course and will be the color green on your planned schedule if successful.
Drop a Class
Students wishing to drop a class will do so within Self Service on the Academics Tab>Register for Classes screen.
- Below the course details, click the Drop button
- Select sections to drop and click Update
- Status will change to “Not Registered”
- To remove class from your planned schedule “X” the course on the grid.