How to Register for Classes
To login to MySuffolk,
- Go to MySuffolk
- Enter your Login ID and Password. If you need assistance logging in, contact the Suffolk University Service Desk at 617-557-2000 or email@example.com.
- Select Register/Class Schedule.
Search & Select to My Wishlist
Students must first create a Wishlist of classes in order to register. Be sure to verify prerequisites are complete before beginning the registration process. Selecting courses for a wishlist does not guarantee registration in the course(s).
- Enter Term (e.g., fall 2019 is 19/FA, spring 2019 is 19/SP) and at least one other search criteria, e.g., Subject, Course Type, or Academic Level.
- Select section on the left and click submit to add to your wishlist. Repeat process to add additional courses.
- Register and Drop Sections will appear on the top of the screen. From this screen, please follow the Register for Classes on My Wishlist instructions.
Watch the Search & Select to My Wishlist video.
Register for Classes on My Wishlist
To officially register for classes on your wishlist an action must be selected for all preferred sections:
- Under Preferred Sections, you may individually select an action from the drop-down menu for each course on your wishlist.
- Sections may be removed from a wishlist at anytime from this screen.
- Students who receive an error message at the top of the page stating "You are not eligible for registration at this time," should contact the Ram Registration & Financial Center at 617-573-8488 or RAMCenter@suffolk.edu.
- Once the appropriate registration actions are selected, click submit.
- Registration results will display and any errors will appear at the top of the screen in red.
Watch the Register for Classes on My Wishlist video.
Add To and Manage My Waitlist
Students may add themselves to a waitlist for closed courses. Only closed courses can be waitlisted. Students may not be on a waitlist for a course if currently registered for another section of the same course.
To add yourself to a waitlist:
- From the Register and Drop Sections screen, select the waitlist action from the drop-down menu for the course. The course will appear under the Waitlist section of the Registration Results screen.
- To view the number of students on a waitlist, select Mange My Waitlist on the left hand navigation.
- Students will be emailed as they become eligible to register from a waitlist. It is extremely important that students check their Suffolk email for these notifications. The opening will be offered to the next student on the waitlist if no action is taken by the deadline stated in the email.
- Students should remove themselves from the waitlist if they do not intend to register so the next student on the list can be notified.
Watch the Adding to a Waitlist video.
To register for waitlisted course sections once you have received approval:
- Select Manage My Waitlist from the left hand navigation.
- Choose Register from the Action column next to the course.
- To be removed from a waitlist, select an action of Remove.
- Results screen will appear.
Watch the Manage My Waitlist video.
Students wishing to drop a class will do so in the Register and Drop Sections Screen:
- Under Current Registrations, check the box in the DROP column for the course you wish to remove from your current registration.
- Click Submit.
- Results screen will appear.
Watch the Drop Class video.