All non-European Union citizens must obtain a Spanish student visa in order to study in Spain for longer than 90 days. Spanish Consulates around the world handle visa applications. Although consulates follow the same general guidelines, specific documentation differs according to your consulate. Be sure to contact the consulate that has jurisdiction over your place of residence for details.

We urge you to start this process as early as possible, as it can be quite lengthy and you are required to gather various documents. For more information visit our Passports, Visas & Travel Documents page, along with FAQs for answers to some common questions about the student visa process.