Ram Alumni Mentoring Program (RAMP)
RAMP is designed to engage alumni as guides, or mentors, to help you build a foundation for future career success. Students in every major and year in the College of Arts and Sciences and the Sawyer Business School, and alumni from any major or field, may participate.
RAMP mentors can:
- Offer advice on adjusting to campus life or exploring a major or career
- Guide you in achieving your life, school, and career goals
- Provide support for navigating personal, academic, or professional challenges
- Help boost your interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Give you the inside scoop on what it's like to work in their fields
“I am really happy with the mentor I have been given. In just the first month I have learned so much about what a lobbyist does, and how government relations work. So far, I have been able to sit in on two meetings that has given me some great insight. My mentor is very welcoming and very approachable. He is willing to answer all my questions and help me the best he can.”
“My mentee is very bright and a very focused student. We have had some great discussions and he recently mentioned that he already acquired an internship in Boston! Our meetings are great and we have a good meeting cadence. Looking forward to future meetings and connecting him with some financial industry connections.”
Ramping It Up
Read about mentee Markendy Fils-Aime ’20 and his alumni mentor Mike Nay, BSBA ’14.
How Do I Join RAMP?
- Read the Mentee Guide [PDF]
- Complete the application found in the Mentee guide.
- Attend one of the required orientations sessions in October. You can register for an orientation in your "Events" tab in Handshake.
- You will be matched with a mentor from October 30th to May 1st.
- Attend the November RAMP Kick Off networking event to hear experienced mentees and mentors share their advice and meet other students and alumni. Go to “Events” in Handshake to register.
For more information, please contact Joanna Lazarek.