Barbara Ash, EdD
Professor, Advertising, Public Relations & Social MediaSend a Message
- EdD, Boston University
- M.Ed, Boston University
- Boston University (Questrom School of Business)
- Cognitive learning styles
- MBTI – Communication and work styles
- MBTI – Career development
- MBTI - Communication and instructional preferences
- Curriculum and instructional design
- Adult learner motivation and participation
- Presentation skills and training methods
- Professor of Communication & Journalism, Department of Communication & Journalism, Suffolk University
- Professor of Education & Human Services, Department of Education & Human Services, Suffolk University
- Director, Human Resources, Learning and Performance Programs, Suffolk University
Designed and implemented the following graduate degree and certificate programs at Suffolk University:
- Human Resources Certificate
- Instructional Design Certificate
- Organizational Learning Certificate
- M.S. Degree in Adult and Organizational Learning
- M.S. Degree in Human Resources
- Advanced Post-Master's Program in Organizational Development
- Joint M.S. Degree in Adult and Organizational Learning and Organizational Development Certificate
- Joint M.S. Degree in Adult and Organizational Learning and Human Resources Certificate
- Director, Business Education Programs, Suffolk University
- Professor and Department Chair, Bunker Hill Community College, Boston, MA
- Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Simmons College, Boston, MA
Adjunct Faculty Appointments
- Boston University School of Education, Division of Instructional Development and Administration. Advisor to five doctoral candidates.
- Boston University, School of Education, Department of Adult and Continuing Education. Served as fourth reader for doctoral dissertation and reader and oral examiner, Comprehensive Examination Committee.
- Boston University Metropolitan College
- Northeastern University
- National Consultant and platform speaker, Gregg Division, McGraw-Hill Book Company.
- Conducted scores of professional workshops for government and industry, public and private four-year institutions, junior and community college, and business schools throughout the United States and Jamaica, West Indies.
- Adult Basic Education License Advisory Committee, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Education.
- Served as a curriculum consultant for numerous two- and four-year colleges and secondary schools.
- Served on advisory boards for various two-year public and private institutions.
- Served as a visiting team evaluator for two-year colleges and business schools.
- Organized and chaired the Harbor House Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center’s Family Council, Hingham, MA (volunteer service).
- Association for Psychological Type
- Boston Facilitator’s Roundtable
- President, Vice President, Board of Directors, Delta Pi Epsilon, Epsilon Chapter (Past)
- President, Vice President, Board of Directors, Massachusetts Business Educators Association (Past)
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Coalition for Adult Education (Past)
- President, Vice President, Board of Directors, New England Business Educators Association (past)
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Northeast Human Resources Association
- Organizational Development Network
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Association for Talent Development
- Association for Talent Development (Massachusetts Chapter)
- Pi Lambda Theta
- Ash, B. L. (2018). "Using the MBTI to Improve Communication and Instruction," The Forum, Vol. 72, No. 3. (Release date: February, 2018).
- Ash, B. L. (2015). “Using Twitter to Engage Digital Natives.” Journal of Applied Research for Business Instruction, Vol. 13, No. 2.
- Ash, B. L. (2015). “Can a Zebra Change Its Stripes? Assessing and Teaching the Introverted Student.” Business Education Forum, National Business Education Association, Vol. 69, No. 5.
- Ash, B. F. (2005). “Cognitive Learning Style: Implications for Delivering Instruction, Journal of Business Training Education, Vol. 14.
- Ash, B. F. (2005) “Contributing to Your Profession: Three Opportunities.” Field Notes, SABES (Massachusetts System for Adult Basic Education Support), 4th ed., Vol. 14.
- Rider College (New Jersey), Distinguished Lecturer, 1992
- Recipient of the Suffolk University Evening Division Association Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year Award
- Recipient of the Massachusetts Business Educator’s Association Business Educator-of-the-Year Award
- Past President, Massachusetts Business Educators Association
- Past President, New England Business Educators Association
- Past President, Epsilon Chapter, Delta Pi Epsilon