In-Mee Baek, PhD
Professor, EconomicsSend a Message
Director, Graduate Program in Economics
- PhD, Indiana University
- International Investment
- Currency Crisis Foreign
- Capital Flows
- International Debt Problems
Associate Professor, Dept. of Economics, Suffolk University
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics, Suffolk University
Visiting Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics Suffolk University
Assistant Professor, St. Louis University
Summer Intern Economist, International Monetary Fund
- “Portfolio investment flows to Asia and Latin America: Pull, push or market sentiment?”, The Journal of Asian Economics, April 2006.
- “Determinants of Market Assessed Sovereign Risk: Economic Fundamentals and Market Risk Appetite?”, co-authored with A. Bandopadhyaya and C. Du, The Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 24, June 2005.
- “Foreign Debt to Foreign Equity Swaps and the Creditworthiness of Debtor Countries”, Journal of Business and Economic Studies, Vol. 8, no.1, Spring 2002.
- “Factors Determining the Profits of US Multinationals in Developed Countries and Emerging Economies”, Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol. 7, no.1, Spring 2002.
- “The Determinants of the Survival of Realigned Exchange Rate Arrangements in Emerging Economies”, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Vol. 41, no.4, 2001.
- “Exchange Rates and Japanese Foreign Direct Investment in Asia”, co-authored with T. Okawa, Journal of Economics and Business, Vol. 53, no.1, January 2001.
- “Additional Lending Upon Default with Endogenous Default Penalty”, co-authored with A. Bandopadhyaya, Eastern Economic Journal, Vol. 23, no.4, Fall 1997.
- “The Determinants of the Duration of Sovereign Debt Renegotiation”, co-authored with A. Bandopadhyaya, Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 20, May 1996.
- “Modeling State Tax Policy: Making an Example of Massachusetts”, co-authored with D. Tuerck and K. Lang, State Tax Notes, October 1995.