Michal Ben-Josef Hirsch, PhD
Assistant Professor, GovernmentSend a Message
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- BA, Tel-Aviv University
- International Relations Theory
- International Norms
- International Policy
- Transitional Justice
- The Conflict in Israel/Palestine
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Political Science, Wellesley College (2014-2016)
- Lecturer, Department of Political Science, MIT (Spring 2014)
- Lecturer, Department of Politics/ Coexistence and Conflict Program, Brandeis University (2009-2012)
- "Ideational Change and the Emergence of the International Norm of Truth and Reconciliation Commissions," European Journal of International Relations, 2014, 20 (3): 810-833. First published online on July 12, 2013.
- "Measuring the Impacts of Truth and Reconciliation Commissions: Placing the Global 'Success' of TRCs in Local Perspective," with Megan Mackenzie and Mohammed Sesay, Cooperation and Conflict, 2012, 47 (3): 386-403.
- "From Taboo to the Negotiable: The Israeli New Historians and the Changing Representation of the Palestinian Refugee Problem," Perspectives on Politics, 2007, 5 (2): 241-258.
- "Agents of Truth and Justice: Truth Commissions and the Transitional Justice Epistemic Community," in Volker Heins and David Changler (eds.), Rethinking Ethical Foreign Policy: Pitfalls, Possibilities and Paradoxes. London: Routledge, 2007, 184-205.