Professional in Residence, Communication, Journalism, & MediaSend a Message
Jean-Paul DiSciscio is a Massachusetts based independent filmmaker. His work explores metaphor and character in horror and science fiction. From the artist: “The limitations of being a truly independent artist have pushed me to embrace a punk rock aesthetic in my films. I have learned to be a mechanic, a carpenter, and a cobbler. My attic has been transformed into a foley stage and my garage a lighting studio.
The challenge of the filmmaking process continues to challenge me to sharpen my craft. I embrace the seams of independent filmmaking and enjoy the struggle because ultimately that faulty mechanical shark will lead you to a more creative solution.”
- MFA, Media Art, Emerson College
- BFA, Film Production, Keene State College
- Film History of the 1920s, Binaural Sound and Aural Perception, Production Design, The Films of Stanley Kubrick.
- Emerson College
- Fitchburg State University
- New England School of Photography
University Film & Video Foundation, The Boston Cinema Census
The Photography of Harry Whittier Frees
Awards & Honors
- Silversound Music Video Festival 2013, 1st Place Winner (Every Little Thing You Love)
- It's All True Documentary Showcase 2014, Winner: Best Cinematography (American Murder Ballads)
- The Artist's Exchange Short Film Festival 2007, Winner: Best Film, Best Screenplay (Barstow and Miller)