Roberto Dominguez, PhD
Professor, Political Science & Legal StudiesSend a Message
- Jean Monnet Fellow, European University Institute (2012-13)
- PhD in International Studies, University of Miami (2005)
- Master of Arts in International Studies (August 1999)
- Professor of Government, Suffolk University (2017-present)
- Associate Professor of Government, Suffolk University (2011-2017)
- Assistant Professor of Government, Suffolk University (2005-2011)
- Professor of International Relations at UNAM, México (1996-1999)
- Editor of the Journal Relaciones Internacionales (UNAM)
- Visiting Professor at University of Quintana Roo (México) and Teikyo University (Maastricht, Netherlands)
- Research associate at the Miami European Union Center (2002-present)
- Research assistant at The North South Center (1999-2002)
- Consultant for the U.S. Library of Congress, European Commission, European Parliament, Transparency International
- Global Institutional Innovation
- Regional Risks and Threats
- Regionalization North America
- Euro-Latin American Governance
Areas of Teaching
- International Relations
- Comparative Politics
- European and Latin American Integration
- Global Public Economic Policy
- Governance of Global Insecurity
- Roberto Domínguez, EU Foreign Policy Towards Latin America. New York: Palgrave, 2015.
- Imtiaz Hussain and Roberto Domínguez, North American Regionalism and Global Spread. New York: Palgrave, 2015.
- Joaquin Roy and Roberto Domínguez (eds.), The TTIP: The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership between the European Union and the United. Miami: University of Miami, Miami-Florida European Union Center of Excellence, 2014.
- Roberto Domínguez (ed.) The OSCE: Soft Security for a Hard World. Germany: Peter Lang 2014.
- Emil Kirchner and Roberto Domínguez (eds.). The Security Governance of Regional Organizations. New York: Routledge, 2011.
- Joaquin Roy and Roberto Domínguez (eds.), Lisbon Fado: The European Union under Reform. Miami: University of Miami, Miami-Florida European Union Center of Excellence, 2009.
- Roberto Domínguez, The Foreign Policy of the European Union (1995-2004). A Study in Structural Transition. New York: Edwin Mellen Press, 2008.
- Roberto Dominguez, “Global Governance in the United States” in Global Governance from Regional Perspectives: A Critical View, Anna Triandafyllidou (ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2017.
- Roberto Dominguez, “Security Governance in Latin America” in Power Dynamics and Regional Security in Latin America, Marcial A.G. Suarez, Rafael D. Villa, and Brigitte Weiffen (eds.). New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- Roberto Dominguez, “EU Environmental Governance Policies in the Euro-Latin American Space” in The External Dimension of European Union Environmental Policy: Rules, Regulation and Governance Beyond Borders, Camilla Adelle, Katja Biedenkopf and Diarmuid Torney (eds.). New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- Roberto Dominguez and Martin Iñiguez Ramos, “The south/north axis of border management in Mexico” in Externalizing Migration Management. Europe, North America and the Spread of ‘remote control’ practices, Ruben Zaiotti (ed.). New York: Routledge, 2016, pp. 225-237.
- Roberto Domínguez, “The Strategies of the European Union against Drug Trafficking” in Drug Trafficking, Organized Crime, and Violence in the Americas Today, Bruce M. Bagley and Jonathan D. Rosen (eds.). Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2015, pp. 395-411.
- Roberto Dominguez, “Transformations in the Regional Security Energy Complex in North America”, in Essays on Global Safety Governance: Challenges and Solutions, Patrycja Dąbrowska-Kłosińska (ed.). Warsaw: Centre for Europe, University of Warsaw, ASPRA-JR, 2015, pp. 69-72.
- Roberto Domínguez, “The Security Role of the US in the Asia-Pacific” in The Palgrave Handbook of EU-Asian Relations, Thomas Christiansen, Emil Kirchner and Philomena Murray (eds.). London: Palgrave, 2013, pp. 421-435.
- Roberto Dominguez, “Governance, Networks, and Drug Trafficking in North America” in Border Governance and the Unruly South. Theory and Practice, Imtiaz Hussain (ed.). New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2013, pp. 119-139.
- Roberto Dominguez, “The Other Transatlantic Relationship: The EU and Latin America” in The EU and the Political Economy of Transatlantic Relations, Finn Laursen (ed.). Germany: P.I.E. Peter Lang 2012, pp. 171-188.
- Roberto Domínguez, “Mexico: Current and Future Security Challenges” in National Security Cultures. Patterns of Global Governance, Emil J. Kirchner and James Sperling (eds.). New York: Routledge, 2010, pp. 152-171.
- Roberto Dominguez, “The EU Governance System of External Relations” in Journal of Contemporary European Research. Volume 12, Issue 1 (2016) 518-531.
- Roberto Domínguez, “Environmental Governance in the EU-Latin America Relationship” in Regions and Cohesion. Volume 5, Issue 3 (Winter 2015): 63-82.
- Emil J. Kirchner and Roberto Dominguez, Security governance in a comparative regional perspective, European Security, European Security (2013): 1-16.
- Roberto Domínguez and Sebastian Royo, “The Study of the European Integration Process in the United States. European Political Science (2012): 1-13.
Research Contracts (Recent)
- Project: Analysis of the perception of the EU and of EU's policies abroad. Leader of the Teams for the United States and Mexico (Brussels: European Commission/Service for Foreign Policy Instruments, 2016)
- Project: The Modernization of the European Union-Mexico 'Global Agreement' (Brussels: European Parliament Think Tan k 2014).