Patricia Hogan, PhD
Associate Professor, Chemistry & BiochemistrySend a Message
On leave, AY 2021-2022
- PhD, Brown University
- MA, Bridgewater State College
- MS, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- BS, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Sustainable urban systems
- Environmental education at all levels
- Nexus of art, design, and engineering
- USGBC LEED Accredited Professional BD + C, 2009-present
Chairperson, Art and Design Department
Director of CUES
Director of Environmental Engineering, Suffolk University
Assistant Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, Suffolk University
Environmental Science Coordinator, Suffolk University
Associate Professor, CUES
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Associate Professor of Physics, Suffolk University
Assistant Professor of Physics, Suffolk University
Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Suffolk University
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Engineering Educators
Publications and Professional Activity
- Hogan, P., Jefferson, D. (2017). Book Chapter: Advocating for Environmental Justice. Alongside Community: Learning in Service. New York, New York: Routledge.
- Harkins, D., Wiltz, F. P., Athineos, C., Kozak, K., Sharicz, C., Hogan, P., Veloria, C. (2018, May). Alongside Community: Socially just and culturally responsive service-learning. New Hampshire. New England Education Research Organization.
- Battersby, K., Hogan, P. (2017, April). Hidden Talent: Supporting Women in STEM. Presented at National Partnership for Educational Access, Cambridge, MA. Journeys to Success: Equity and Access for All Students.
- Bernasconi, A., Harkins, D., Veloria, C., Hogan, P., Wiltz, F. P., Elmore, M. (2016, April). Learning by Doing: Fostering Equity for collaborative partnerships to support student achievement. Presented at National Partnership for Educational Access, Baltimore MD. Connecting the Dots: Engaging Communities to support educational access and success.
- Wiltz, F. P., Veloria, C., Harkins, D., Hogan, P., Bernasconi, A., Elmore, M., Clarke, A. (2016, March). Teaching our passion: Challenge of service learning courses. Presented at Eastern Sociological Society, Boston MA. My Day Job: Politics and pedagogy in academia.
- Harkins, D., Veloria, C., Wiltz, F. P., Hogan, P., Bernasconi, A., Elmore, M. (2015, July). Using FPLCs to increase faculty participation in service learning. Presented at Society for Community Research and Action, University Mass Lowell. 15th SCRA Biennial Conference.
- Hogan, P. (2015). NSF STEP White Paper on STEP Program (coauthor with multiple authors): STEPping into the Future—Critical Elements of STEP” –published December 2014.
- Hogan, P., Marstellar, P. (2015, March). Why So Slow? Why So Few? What Can You Do?—Effective Practices for Recruiting and Retaining Underrepresented Groups in STEM. Presented at AAC&U, San Diego, CA. AAC&U Diversity, Learning, and Student Success: Assessing and Advancing Inclusive Excellence Conference.
- Wiltz, F. P., Veloria, C., Harkins, D., Hogan, P., Carroll, S. M. (2015, February). The Three-Ring Circus of Teaching: An Autoethnography Regarding an Interplay of Confusion, Tensions, and Possibilities. Presented at Ethnographic & Qualitative Research, Las Vegas, NV. 27th Annual Ethnographic & Qualitative Research Conference.
- Hogan, P., Marstellar, P., Kypuros, J. (2014, March). STEM Diversity Workshop. Presented at National Science Foundation, Washington DC. STEM Diversity Workshop, STEP 2014 Meeting.
- Hogan, P., Diversity Strand: The Leaky STEM Pipeline and Increasing Throughput in the STEM Pipeline. Co-organizer, panel moderator, and breakout session participant. MA STEM Summit 2012. Foxboro, MA, October 18, 2012.