Edgar Karapetian, PhD
Research Associate Professor, Mathematics & Computer ScienceSend a Message
- PhD, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- MS/BS, Polytechnic Institute, Yerevan, Armenia
- Mixed Boundary Value Problems and their Applications in Engineering Sciences
- Theoretical and Computational Solid Mechanics
- Fracture and Contact Mechanics
- Mechanics and Micromechanics of Anisotropic Materials
- Nanoelectromechanics of Piezoelectric Materials
Research Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Suffolk University
Adjunct Professor Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Suffolk University
Senior Research Associate, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tufts University
CNC Shop Supervisor, Production of Aircraft Engine Parts, Tesamatec Inc., Montreal, Canada
Process Engineer, Company on Development and Manufacturing of Milling Machines, Yerevan (USSR)
- Karapetian E., Kachanov M., Kalinin S.V., (2005), “Nanoelectromechanics of piezoelectric indentation and applications to Scanning Probe Microscopy of ferroelectric materials”, Philosophical Magazine, 85, pp. 1017-1051.
- Kalinin S.V., Karapetian E., Kachanov M., (2004), “Nanoelectromechanics of Piezoresponse Force Microscopy”, Physical Review B, 70, pp. 184101-24.
- Karapetian E., Kachanov M., Sevostianov I., (2002), "The Principle of Correspondence between Elastic and Piezoelectric Problems”, Archive of Applied Mechanics, 72, pp. 564-587.
- Karapetian E., Sevostianov I., Kachanov M., (2000), "Point force and point electric charge in infinite and semi-infinite transversely isotropic piezoelectric solids", Philosophical Magazine B, 80, pp. 331-359.
- Karapetian E., Kachanov M., (1996), "Three-dimensional interaction of a circular crack with dipoles, centers of dilatation and moments", International Journal of Solids & Structures, 33, pp. 3951-3967.
- Fabrikant V.I., Rubin B.S., Karapetian E., (1995), "A half-plane crack under tangential load: a complete solution", Zeitschrift fur Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik, 75, pp. 523-534.
- Fabrikant V.I., Karapetian E., (1994), "Elementary exact method for solving mixed boundary-value problems of potential theory, with application to a half-plane contact and crack problems", Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, 47, pp. 159-174.
- 2005-present, Visiting Research Staff Member, Condensed Matter Science Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Reviewer: Zeitschrift fur Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik, International Journal of Solids & Structures, Philosophical Magazine, Mathematics & Mechanics of Materials
Current Grants Support
- Nanoelectromechanics of Piezoelectric Indentation and Applications to Scanning Probe Microscopies, Co-Principal Investigator, Source: NSF
- Electromechanical response of a surface with arbitrary anisotropy using linear plane wave theory, Principal Investigator, Source: Oak Ridge National Laboratory