Richard Miller, PhD
Associate Professor, EnglishSend a Message
- PhD, Bowling Green State University
- MA, New Mexico State University
- BA, Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- Writing Program Administration
- Writing Process Theory
- Composition and Pedagogy
- Teaching and Technology
- Sports and Culture (Basketball Hoop Dream)
- “Ideal Dance Partners: Requiring Personal and Reflective Writing in an Upper Level Online Writing Course for Undergraduates.” Proceedings of E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, 2015, 640-643.
- "Dialogue, Discourse, & Discovery: The Horizon of Martin Buber in Composition Studies." In Judaic Perspectives on Literacy: Contexts for Rhetoric and Composition. Edited by Andrea Greenbaum and Deborah Holdstein. Cresskill, NJ: Anchor Press, 2008. 111-129. Print.
- "Constructing A Writer's Voice: Ethos, Tim Cahill, And The Jonestown Massacre." The CEA Forum Winter/Spring 2007: 36.1. Web.
- "Progress of Generations." (with Anthony Baker et al.) WPA: Writing Program Administration 29.1-2 (2005): 21-57. Print.
- “Navigating the Similarities and Differences of Writing at the Secondary and College Levels.” National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention, 16. Nov. 2018.
- “Basketball, Women, and the Reservation: The Transformational Power of High School Girls Basketball in Native America,” Sixteenth International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, Philadelphia, PA, 6 July 2018.
- “The Long and Short of It: Screen Real Estate and Short Form/Long Form Writing Assignments.” 5th Annual Southern Regional Composition Conference, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, 30 Mar. 2018.
- “What They Have In Their Hands: iPhones, Image Based Composing, and the Writing Process.” ENGAGING PRACTICES: Conference on the Teaching of Composition, UMass-Boston, Boston, MA, 2 Apr. 2016.
- “More Voices and More Dreams: Expanding the Hoop Dreams Narrative.” NEXUS 2016: Alt + Shift: Alternative Methodologies, Marginal Positions, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 4 Mar. 2016.
- “Global Warming and Glaciers: Writing Programs and University Strategic Plans.” Council of Writing Program Administrators 2016 Conference, Raleigh, NC, 15 July 2016.