Shahruz Mohtadi, PhD
Associate Professor, EconomicsSend a Message
- PhD, Louisiana State University
- MS, Louisiana State University
- BS, Louisiana State University
- Suffolk University
Associate Professor, Department of Economics (1998-present)
- Suffolk University
Department Chair (2013-2018)
Graduate Program Director, Department of Economics (1994-2006)
Shahruz Mohtadi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Economics, College of Arts and Sciences, Suffolk University. He also held appointments at Hult International Business School and Babson College. He holds a B.S. in International Business, and a M.S. and Ph.D. in Economics from Louisiana State University. He is the author of several academic papers and a book A Guide to International Economics. His areas of specialization are International Economics, Money, Banking and Monetary Policy, Managerial Economics, and Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
- “International Trade Under President George W. Bush” in The George W. Bush Presidency, Volume II, Nova Publishing, New York, 2016
- "The Stabilization of the Effective Exchange Rates of the Less Developed Countries Under Alternative Exchange Rate Arrangements," Journal of Economic Development, Volume 13, No. 1, June 1988.
- "A Plan for the Creation of Supranational Currency," Proceedings, First Annual Symposium of the Institute for International Competitiveness, Radford University, April 1988.
- "An International Monetary System with a Single Currency," Proceedings, Journal of the Southwestern Society of Economists, Volume 16, No. 1, 1989.
- "Economic Justice in a New World Order" in Toward The Most Great Justice ed. Charles Lerche, Baha'i Publishing Trust, London. 1996.
- "Conflict and Harmony Among Nations: The Case of International Trade," in Healing the Body Politic, ed. Charles Lerche, George Ronald. Oxford. 2004.
- A Guide to International Economics, Business Expert Press, New York, 2019.
Awards & Honors
- Student Government Association Faculty Member of the Year, 1991
- The Intercultural Initiatives Award, 1994