Shailini Jandial George
ProfessorSend a Message
Professor George teaches legal writing, and her scholarship focuses in the areas of lawyer well-being, mindfulness, and the cognitive science of learning. She is the author of The Law Student’s Guide to Doing Well and Being Well (Carolina Academic Press), as well as the co-author of Mindful Lawyering: The Key to Creative Problem Solving (Carolina Academic Press), and law review articles on distraction and the cognitive science of learning and why law students need mindfulness training. Professor George was recently elected to the Executive Committee for the AALS Balance and Wellbeing in Law Section and was the winner of the section’s inaugural section award in January of 2022. Professor George also was recently appointed to the Institute for Well-Being in Law’s Research and Scholarship Committee. Professor George is highly involved in the national legal writing community, having served on the Association of Legal Writing Directors Board, the Executive Committee of the AALS Section on Legal Writing, Research and Reasoning, and co-chaired various committees of the Legal Writing Institute.
- JD, Boston College Law School
- BS in Finance, Miami University
- Are You a Law Warrior Burning the Midnight Oil? Research Says Stop, Bloomberg Law Insights (September 28, 2001).
- Is Your Smartphone Making You Less Smart? Distraction Addiction is Real, Bloomberg Law Insights (June 4, 2021).
- The Cure for the Distracted Mind: Why Law Schools Should Teach Mindfulness, Duq. L. Rev. Vol. 53 No. 1, Winter 2015.
- Teaching the Smartphone Generation: How Cognitive Science Can Improve Learning in Law School, ME. L. REV. Vol. 66, No. 1, Winter 2013.
- The Law Student’s Guide to Doing Well and Being Well (Carolina Academic Press, June 2021).
- Just Law Podcast (May 2, 2022)
- Thriving Lawyers Podcast (March 10 and 24, 2022)
- Lawyers with Depression podcast (October 11, 2021)
- Tips for a Successful Return to In-Person Classes, interview featured in National Jurist, (back to school 2021)
- CounseltoCounsel podcast (September 12, 2021)
- Interview on Meditationlaw.com (September 8. 2021)
- NBC Boston News Story on Smartphone Addiction (August 18, 2021)
- Geek in Review Podcast Episode 125 (July 13, 2021)
- Above the Law/Jabot Podcast: What Students Absolutely Need to Do to Ace Law School (July 2, 2021)
Honors and Rewards
- AALS Balance and Well-Being in Legal Education Section Award, January 2022.
- Federal District of MA
- First Circuit Court of Appeals