Lance Swenson, PhD
Associate Professor, PsychologySend a Message
- PhD, University of Missouri, Columbia
- MA, University of Missouri, Columbia
- BS, University of Georgia, Athens
Internship: Brown University Clinical Psychology Training Consortium; Postdoctoral Fellowship: Brown University School of Medicine, Center for Alcohol & Addiction Studies.
NSSI and suicidality, socioemotional development, developmental psychopathology
- Kelly, L. M., Swenson, L. P., & Wolff, J. C. (in press). Application of the three-step ideation-to-action theory to passive and active suicidal ideation in college students. Minerva Psychiatry.
- Jarvi Steele, S., Furbish, K., Bjorgvinsson, T., & Swenson, L. P. (2020). An exploratory mixed methods approach to implicit and explicit identification with non-suicidal self-injury. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbtep.2020.101594
- Jarvi, S. M., Batejan, K. B., & Swenson, L. P. (2017). Motivation for and use of social networking sites: Comparisons among college students with and without histories of non-suicidal self-injury. Journal of American College Health, 65, 306-312. doi: 10.1080/07448481.2017.1312410
- Jarvi, S. M., & Swenson, L. P. (2016). The role of positive expectancies in risk behavior: An exploration of alcohol use and non-suicidal self-injury. Crisis, 38, 115-122. doi: 10.1027/0227-5910/a000471
- Batjean, K. L., Jarvi, S. M., & Swenson, L. P. (2015). Sexual orientation and non-suicidal self-injury: A meta-analytic review. Archives of Suicide Research, 19, 131 – 150. doi: 10.1080/13811118.2014.957450
- Muehlenkamp, J. J., Swenson, L. P., Batejan, K. L., & Jarvi, S. M. (2015). Emotional and behavioral effects of participating in an online study of non-suicidal self-injury: An experimental analysis. Clinical Psychological Science, 3, 26-37. doi: 10.1177/2167702614531579