Jason Tucker, MFA
Instructor, EnglishSend a Message
- MFA, Ohio State University
- BA, University of Montevallo
- Creative Nonfiction
- Rhetoric and Representation
- General Humanities
- Writing Studies
- Identity in the Southern U.S.
- "All the White People, Anyway: Race, Gender, and Leaving Home in both Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman and My Own Life,"Pleiades,Issue 37.1, forthcoming January 2017.
- "A Lonely Place Between Minor Miracles," Prime Number 73, July-Sept. 2015.
- "Bodies of Work," Going Om: Real Life Stories On and Off the Yoga Mat, Viva Editions, September 2014.
- "The Flying Ladies," Prime Number 43.2, November 2013.
- "Here's a Bedtime Story," The Common, October 2013.
- "The Least Objectionable Thing," The Southeast Review, Issue 30.2, Fall 2012. (Nominated for the Pushcart Prize; notable essay in The Best American Essays, 2013.)
- "Another Thing I Learned from Writing Obituaries," Cream City Review, Fall 2011.
- "Bottled Spirits," Waccamaw, Fall 2011. (Nominated for the Pushcart Prize; Sundress Publications' Best of the Net Anthology.)
- "Drowning Catfish," River Teeth, Spring 2011. (Finalist for the Pushcart Prize.)
- "Kudzu Got Angry," Sweet, January 2009. (Nominated for the Pushcart Prize and Dzanc Books' Best of the Web Anthology.)
- "It's More Than Raining," AWP Online, March 2007.