Online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA)
Pharma. Biotech. FinTech. Marketing. Finance. Healthcare. One thing they all have in common is a huge demand for analytics experts: trained professionals who can derive valuable insights from the massive amounts of data being generated every day.
Data is Big Business
- Walmart handles more than 1 million customer transactions per hour
- Facebook handles 40 billion photos from its user base
- According to computer giant IBM, 2.5 exabytes—that's 2.5 million TB—of data was generated every day in 2012
- 90% of the data today has been created in the last two years alone
The online Master's in Business Analytics program will teach you the hands-on skills you need to navigate the complex realm of data analytics, improve business functions, and fulfill key strategic roles in a variety of industries. Dig even deeper into your field with concentrations in healthcare administration, accounting, and finance.
You’ll gain hands-on experience with powerful tools used for data management, data visualization, and analytics, such as:
- Microsoft Power BI
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Industry-standard programming languages
Your coursework can also prepare you to earn certifications such as the SAS Joint Certificate in Analytics:
- 11 courses
- 7 weeks per course
- 20 months to completion depending on previous education
- 3 concentrations that can augment your skill set
A Custom-Designed Program
The Suffolk online MSBA has been tailored specifically to make the most of web-based learning. The curriculum, assignments, lectures, and even classroom interactions have been deliberately fashioned to ensure a dynamic, rewarding, and interactive student experience.
"Our students will not just crunch the data; they will be able to tell the story of the data and help leaders make better decisions. This is how they will create value for their companies in this data economy."
Chart Your Own Course
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the demand for data science skills will drive a 27.9 percent rise in employment in the field through 2026. With the Suffolk University online MSBA, you’ll create opportunities for yourself in one of the fastest-growing fields in business:
- Gain hands-on experience with industry technologies and methodologies
- Power business efforts with a strategic mindset and advanced technical aptitude
- Build your network of industry-leading scholars and connected professionals
- Qualify for influential analytics roles
By the Numbers
Job Growth Predicted by 2028—U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- 14% Management Analyst
- 20% Market Research Analyst
- 26% Operations Research Analyst
- 32% Information Security Analyst
- 18% Medical and Health Services Managers
- 16% Financial Managers
Get Specialized Skills
Suffolk University’s Online Master of Science in Business Analytics offers concentration areas to suit your career interests. Fine-tune your understanding of a focused business aspect to maximize your professional value to potential employers.
Gain hands-on experience with up-to-date reporting technology and financial analysis to make informed operational decisions.
Learn the key principles of value-based financial management.
Healthcare Management Concentration
Immerse yourself in major health issues and institutions, including the settings for healthcare delivery, the providers of these services, and the public and private payers for services.
Learn from Real-World Practitioners
At Suffolk, more than 90 percent of our full-time faculty members have Ph.D.s or terminal degrees, and many are active professionals. That means you’ll learn from teaching scholars and industry leaders. Their goal? Give you the right mix of valuable real-world experience and classroom education. Not only that, our faculty can help you build an influential network so that you’re well-positioned to boost your career after graduation.
Apply to Suffolk's MSBA Online Program
Fall 2020: August 19
Spring 2021: January 5
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (Learn more)
- The GMAT/GRE is not required
Cost of Grad School
|Cost Per Credit (2020-2021)
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk offers a variety of options to help finance your graduate education. Opportunities for assistance range from federal educational loans to alumni scholarships, and award programs available through partner organizations. You are encouraged to connect with the Office of Student Financial Services to help you estimate the cost of your education, determine your eligibility for aid, and find the best way to finance your education.
Student Services & Resources
As a Suffolk student, you will have complete access to our Center for Learning and Academic Success (CLAS) and Career Development Center (CDC), which offer extensive learning resources and robust support for career development.
Courses & Requirements
Take a closer look at our online MSBA curriculum and see how robust it really is.