Online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA)
Pharma. Biotech. FinTech. Marketing. Finance. Healthcare. One thing they all have in common is a huge demand for analytics experts: trained professionals who can derive valuable insights from the massive amounts of data being generated every day.
Data is Big Business
- Walmart handles more than 1 million customer transactions per hour
- Facebook handles 40 billion photos from its user base
- According to computer giant IBM, 2.5 exabytes—that's 2.5 million TB—of data was generated every day in 2012
- 90% of the data today has been created in the last two years alone
The online Master's in Business Analytics program will teach you the hands-on skills you need to navigate the complex realm of data analytics, improve business functions, and fulfill key strategic roles in a variety of industries. Dig even deeper into your field with concentrations in healthcare administration, accounting, and finance.
You’ll gain hands-on experience with powerful tools used for data management, data visualization, and analytics, such as:
- Microsoft Power BI
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Industry-standard programming languages
Your coursework can also prepare you to earn certifications such as the SAS Joint Certificate in Analytics:
- 11 courses
- 7 weeks per course
- 20 months to completion depending on previous education
- 3 concentrations that can augment your skill set
Chart Your Own Course
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the demand for data science skills will drive a 27.9 percent rise in employment in the field through 2026. With the Suffolk University online MSBA, you’ll create opportunities for yourself in one of the fastest-growing fields in business:
- Gain hands-on experience with industry technologies and methodologies
- Power business efforts with a strategic mindset and advanced technical aptitude
- Build your network of industry-leading scholars and connected professionals
- Qualify for influential analytics roles
By the Numbers
Job Growth Predicted by 2028—U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- 14% Management Analyst
- 20% Market Research Analyst
- 26% Operations Research Analyst
- 32% Information Security Analyst
- 18% Medical and Health Services Managers
- 16% Financial Managers
Get Specialized Skills
Suffolk University’s Online Master of Science in Business Analytics offers concentration areas to suit your career interests. Fine-tune your understanding of a focused business aspect to maximize your professional value to potential employers.
Gain hands-on experience with up-to-date reporting technology and financial analysis to make informed operational decisions.
Learn the key principles of value-based financial management.
Healthcare Management Concentration
Immerse yourself in major health issues and institutions, including the settings for healthcare delivery, the providers of these services, and the public and private payers for services.
Learn from Real-World Practitioners
At Suffolk, more than 90 percent of our full-time faculty members have Ph.D.s or terminal degrees, and many are active professionals. That means you’ll learn from teaching scholars and industry leaders. Their goal? Give you the right mix of valuable real-world experience and classroom education. Not only that, our faculty can help you build an influential network so that you’re well-positioned to boost your career after graduation.
Apply to Suffolk's MSBA Online Program
Fall: August 15
Spring: January 4
- Completed application
- $50 application fee
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (Learn more)
- The GMAT/GRE is not required
Cost of Graduate Study at Suffolk (2021-2022)
|Program||Per Credit Rate|
|All Online Master Programs||$1,231|
Advising & Other Resources
Suffolk University offers graduate students—incoming, current, and alumni—help with navigating financial aid and payments, searching for career opportunities, and building a strong professional network. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you every step of the way with various services including application advising, financial aid counseling, international student resources, and other resources such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education and other professional skills while studying at Suffolk University.
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.