Online Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA)
You’ll learn from faculty members who teach essential healthcare leadership and management skills through both academic and experiential learning. You’ll gain a systemic understanding of the dynamic healthcare field. And you’ll develop the knowledge and skills needed to identify and analyze challenges facing healthcare organizations and to create strategic and operational solutions to address them.
To help boost your career, Suffolk’s online MHA Program will connect you to leading experts in your field, and our Mentor Program will pair you with an accomplished healthcare professional to help ensure your success. The result? You’ll graduate with a top-tier Master of Healthcare Administration degree and beneficial connections to world-class healthcare organizations.
Attributes of the online MHA Program include:
- 7 weeks per course
- Asynchronous learning, ensuring flexibility to meet your needs
- Optional live chats with professors and classmates
- 27 months to completion
- 3-credit internship for students without experience in U.S. healthcare
Put Patients and Providers First
Suffolk’s online MHA Program prepares you with thorough knowledge of key business elements to develop strategies, manage operations, and implement innovations—all while keeping the needs of patients and providers front and center.
- Health systems: Develop an understanding of the dynamic healthcare environment, including the unique roles of patients, providers, and payers
- Operations and strategic management: Gain the knowledge and skills for managing people, projects, and organizations in vital areas, including quality and patient safety, finance, human resources, innovation, and strategy
- Evidence-based decision-making: Learn and apply methods to make informed decisions on critical healthcare issues and utilize big data for healthcare management
- Leadership and organizational change: Develop your skills to help individuals, teams, and organizations to effectively and ethically achieve their goals
“Now, more than ever, the healthcare industry needs top-notch leaders and managers, and Suffolk's MHA Program is educating and training students to be those professionals and meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.”
A Custom-Designed Program
The Suffolk online MHA Program is tailored specifically to make the most of web-based learning. The curriculum, assignments, online postings, lectures, and classroom interactions have been deliberately fashioned to ensure dynamic, rewarding, and interactive student experiences.
An Industry That’s Always Looking for Smart Healthcare Professionals
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, national mean wage estimates for medical and health services managers was $115,160
- Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 18% from 2018 to 2028
- U.S. News & World Report ranks medical and health services managers jobs as the #5 best business jobs in the U.S.
Learn From a Top-Ranked University in the Heart of Boston
Suffolk’s on-campus MHA Program is the only one in New England accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). CAHME is the gold standard for accreditation, signifying the high quality of accredited programs in healthcare administration.
Apply to Suffolk’s MHA Online Program
Fall: August 15
Spring: January 4
- Completed application
- $50 application fee
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal statement (essay)
- Two letters of recommendation (Learn more)
- GMAT or GRE is not required
Cost of Graduate School
|Cost Per Credit (2020-2021)
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk offers a variety of options to help finance your graduate education. Opportunities for assistance range from federal educational loans to alumni scholarships, and award programs available through partner organizations. You are encouraged to connect with the Office of Student Financial Services to help you estimate the cost of your education, determine your eligibility for aid, and find the best way to finance your education.
Student Services & Resources
As a Suffolk student, you will have complete access to our Center for Learning and Academic Success (CLAS) and Career Development Center (CDC), which offer extensive learning resources and robust support for career development.
Courses & Requirements
Take a closer look at our online MHA curriculum and see how robust it really is.