Master of Science in Taxation (MST)
The Master of Science in Taxation (MST) Program will prepare you to become a successful tax professional in public accounting, the corporate sector, or government. The Suffolk MST distinguishes itself from other programs by assuring student competence in three key areas of tax practice: tax compliance, tax planning, and tax policy.
Your courses, taught by a mix of tax practitioners and researchers—including CPAs and attorneys who practice in the public, corporate, and government sectors—encourage you to leverage your knowledge of tax issues in a global environment. You can specialize in large or local firms, or choose electives that prepare you for the CPA exam. You'll also have access to our EDGE Professional Development workshops. Led by executive coaches and corporate consultants, the workshops help you build your resume, expand your network, write a cover letter, polish your interview skills, and more.
Suffolk’s MST is designed to meet the needs of those who have a background in accounting as well as those who do not.
Program faculty, including Professor James Angelini and Accounting and Taxation professor Michael Morrow, have been actively sought out by the media to offer insight into 2017's sweeping tax code changes.
- James Angelini offered tips for taxpayers in the Boston Globe
- Angelini also gave his take to the Boston Globe on the impact of the tax bill on home equity loans
- Angelini joined WBUR’s Morning Edition to share his views on the impact of the federal tax bill on Massachusetts
- Michaele Morrow offered her take on the housing market impact for the Boston Globe
Paying for Graduate School
Full-Time, per semester
|Cost Per Credit (2018-2019)
For Part-Time students
|Fall||March 15 (Priority), then rolling|
|Spring||October 15 (Priority), then rolling|
|Summer||April 1 (Priority), then rolling|
Learn more about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 Application Fee
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary education
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal Statement (essay)
- Letter of Recommendation (learn more)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic Scores (international students only)