Environmental Health and Safety Policy
Environmental Health and Safety
Office of Environmental Health and Safety
Location: 73 Tremont Street
Tel: 617-570-4849 or 617-573-8628
It is the policy of Suffolk University to provide a safe and healthy environment for our students, faculty and staff to work and learn in. Included in this policy is the University’s commitment to protect our environment. To ensure that these policies are met, the University operates in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and develops internal policies and procedures that are implement throughout the University. The University is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment free from recognized hazards. Students, faculty and staff shall comply with the regulations and established policies and procedures applicable to his or her own activities, actions, and conduct.Students are responsible for:
- Their own personal safety and should not perform unsafe acts that compromise personal safety or the safety of others.
- Making sure he or she understands safety procedures whenever performing work-study or class-related tasks.
- Reporting unsafe conditions or practices immediately to his or her professor/supervisor and to OEHS. Submit independently or with the help of the supervisor an incident report to OEHS in case of any injury.
- Familiarizing themselves with applicable University Emergency Procedures. Reporting all emergencies to SUPD immediately by calling 617-573-8111 or Ext 8111.
- Demonstrating good environmental citizenship by supporting University recycling and energy and water conservation efforts.