Madrid Internship Opportunities
Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors in good disciplinary standing, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, with at least 5 semesters of college-level Spanish or equivalent, are invited to apply for the Madrid internship program.
Types of Internships
Our Madrid internship advisors place students in a range of intellectually engaging internships based on interest, business goals, and skills. Because all placements are conducted in Spanish, language skills play an integral role in the type of placement you receive. Here are just a few of industries available:
- International Organizations
- Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- Business, Finance & Consulting
- Health & Human Services
- Arts & Architecture
- Individual Placement Meeting A few months prior to your internship program, you’ll meet with a Suffolk internship advisor to discuss priorities and placement preferences.
- Provisional Placement Based on your skills, interests, and professional goals – as well as sponsors’ needs and work cycles – you’ll receive your placement description and sponsor information via email either before departure, or once in Spain.
- On-Site Interview Upon arrival, you’ll meet for an on-site interview with your potential internship sponsor. Placement is contingent upon the success of this meeting.
- Review & Evaluation Your internship will be monitored through a mid-term review and final evaluation from your sponsor, submitted to the university upon completion of the program.
Fall & Summer Semester: April 1
Spring Semester: October 15
Internship Program Fee
The Internship Program Fee is due at the time the application for the Internship Program is submitted. This fee is non-refundable even if the student decides to withdraw at any point after submitting the application for the program, or in the event that the student does not start or does not complete the internship in Spain.