You can apply to study abroad at Suffolk University Madrid Campus as a transfer student if you have been or are currently enrolled in a college or university undergraduate program, you have completed or are completing coursework for credit, and you wish to transfer to the Suffolk University Madrid Campus to continue your undergraduate studies.
Reach out to a Suffolk University Transfer Admissions counselor for help with applying, financial aid, on-the-spot decisions, events, and more. Every student receives a transfer credit evaluation upon their acceptance–you'll know what credits will transfer and what is still required for you to graduate.
Suffolk Madrid offers coursework which corresponds to the first two years of university study for most majors. Therefore, once we have the credit evaluation from your previous institution, we'll have a better idea of how many courses will be available for you at our campus.
If everything transfers in, your time in Madrid would be reduced by the corresponding amount of time you studied at your current institution.
International Relations majors can complete all four years of study at our Madrid campus.
Transfer Student Requirements
- Application and fee (application fee is automatically waived for those that come for a campus visit). Transfer applicants are encouraged to apply via our Suffolk Online Application. However, Transfer applicants may also choose to apply via the Transfer Common Application.
- Official college transcript(s) from all college or universities attended.
- Essay/Personal Statement
For some students, the following may also apply
- Official final high school transcript (except for those who have earned an associate's or previous bachelor's degree)
- Statement of activity or Resume (required only for those applicants who have a significant gap in their educational history)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results (for non-native English speakers; can only be waived if you have completed the equivalent of College Writing I and II with a grade of B or higher at the time of application)
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Students are automatically considered for merit scholarship funding when applying to Suffolk.
Our Student Financial Service office can help you and your family understand options for paying for school with FAFSA (“Free Application for Federal Student Aid”), merit- or need-based aid, and numerous scholarship and grant opportunities.
Admitted transfer students will receive an official credit evaluation and a program evaluation with their letter of acceptance. The evaluation includes a list of transferable courses with the Suffolk University equivalent course, and indicates how these courses apply to their given major. Courses must be taken at a regionally accredited institution or, in the case of an international institution, recognized by the Ministry of Education of that particular country. International students may be required to have their credentials evaluated by a professional service.
We consider earned grades of C- or higher for transfer credit. All transfer students must complete a minimum of 45 semester hours at Suffolk, including the final 30. Students admitted to the Sawyer Business School are required to complete at least 50 percent of business credit hours at Suffolk University.
|Spring Admission & Financial Aid||December 1|
|Fall Priority Transfer Admission||June 30|
|Fall Priority Transfer Financial Aid||June 1|
The priority financial aid deadlines for transfer students are June 1 (fall entry) or December 1 (spring entry); funding for students submitting an application after these dates will be based on availability.