Mark Your Cultural CalendarSpain's capital brims with cultural events and venues. Here at Suffolk Madrid, we offer these activities regularly:
- Film club (weekly, alternating movies in Spanish and English)
- Theater nights (in Spanish and/or English)
- Museum visits (Prado, Reina Sofía, Thyssen-Bornemisza, Sorolla)
Learn even more about Spanish culture by joining us for:
- Flamenco shows (once every semester) and dance classes
- Bullfighting (once every semester)
- Cooking classes
- Disfruta Madrid Club (various activities)
- Enjoy Sports and the Great Outdoors
If you play a sport or want to try a new one, check out the classes and facilities at CEU San Pablo University. As a Suffolk Madrid student, you can enjoy CEU San Pablo's gym, fitness classes, tennis and paddle-tennis classes, soccer, rugby, and basketball courts. Want a serious workout? Ask us for a list of nearby gyms that offer student discounts. And you've got an open invite to play ping-pong on our patio between classes!
At Suffolk Madrid, you can also enjoy:
- Horseback riding
- Bike tours
For more information about all that you can do here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to know your host city and live like the locals! The Student Activities Office's activities will immerse you in Spain's rich culture. With your SUMC friends, you can:
- Sample tapas on a tour of Madrid's most historic taverns
- Visit El Rastro flea market and discover its history and treasures
- Have a traditional cocido madrileño (winter stew with chickpeas) for lunch
- Enjoy classical Spanish theater at Teatro Español and other venues around town
For more information, email Student Activities.