Mark Your Cultural CalendarSpain's capital brims with cultural events and venues. Here at Suffolk Madrid, we offer these activities regularly:
- Film club (weekly, alternating movies in Spanish and English)
- Theater nights (in Spanish and/or English)
- Museum visits (Prado, Reina Sofía, Thyssen-Bornemisza, Sorolla)
Learn even more about Spanish culture by joining us for:
- Flamenco shows (once every semester) and dance classes
- Cooking classes
- Disfruta Madrid Club (various activities)
- Enjoy Sports and the Great Outdoors
If you play a sport or want to try a new one, check out the classes and facilities at CEU San Pablo University. As a Suffolk Madrid student, you can enjoy CEU San Pablo's gym, fitness classes, tennis and paddle-tennis classes, soccer, rugby, and basketball courts. Want a serious workout? Ask us for a list of nearby gyms that offer student discounts. And you've got an open invite to play ping-pong on our patio between classes!
At Suffolk Madrid, you can also enjoy:
- Horseback riding
- Bike tours
For more information about all that you can do here, please email Student Activities.
Get to know your host city and live like the locals! The Student Activities Office's activities will immerse you in Spain's rich culture. With your SUMC friends, you can:
- Sample tapas on a tour of Madrid's most historic taverns
- Visit El Rastro flea market and discover its history and treasures
- Have a traditional cocido madrileño (winter stew with chickpeas) for lunch
- Enjoy classical Spanish theater at Teatro Español and other venues around town
For more information, email Student Activities.