Workplace Expectations & Guiding Principles
Suffolk University is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our entire campus community—staff, faculty, and students. Please help reinforce this culture of safety by following the guidelines on these pages and keeping up-to-date with the latest information provided here and in communications from the Integrated Response Team. You can also send an email with any questions or concerns.
Health & Safety Requirements
Before your initial return to campus, you must complete a mandatory LinkedIn Learning training. This safety requirement also applies if you have continued to work on the premises to date.
Daily Pre-Arrival Preparations
- Complete your mandatory health screening survey using the CoVerified app* on your mobile phone. The University will be using CoVerified, a comprehensive COVID-19 platform designed for college campuses, for self-attestation, health screening, test-result management, contact tracing, and monitoring COVID-19 viral transmission rates and trends on campus. The absence of COVID-19 symptoms and negative test results will elicit a “cleared” status on your phone, which will be linked to campus building access.
- The CoVerified app will provide links to public health and governmental guidance, updated advisories, descriptions of COVID-19 symptoms, Suffolk’s COVID advisory website, and more.
- The app will prompt those who test positive to enter their close contacts. Each of those contacts will then receive specific messaging on their mobile phones.
- Most employees coming to campus will meet the criteria for weekly or biweekly testing, provided by the University at no cost. These test results will automatically flow into the app and determine building access.
*Detailed instructions on how to access and download the app onto your mobile phones are provided here.
- If you take public transportation to campus, review changes to the MBTA’s service and passenger protocols. Wear a face covering at all times and avoid touching surfaces with your hands. Upon disembarking, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Make sure you have your Suffolk University ID with you. It will be required for entry to campus buildings. Checkpoints have been added at the Modern Theatre, the Samia Academic Center, and the Sawyer Building.
- Make sure you have a face covering that covers your nose, mouth, and chin. You will be expected to wear one while on campus. On your first trip to campus, you will receive two reusable Suffolk University–branded face coverings when you check in at security. There will also be a supply of face coverings at each building’s security desk.
Please do not come to campus if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or other concerning symptoms. Contact your healthcare provider and notify your supervisor.