Page Updated: January 15, 2021
Welcome! We very much look forward to your arrival on campus. This year comes with many changes due to the ongoing pandemic, along with new responsibilities and commitments. Care and safety for the entire Suffolk community will be our guiding principle.
Much is new on campus: we’ve changed how we use classrooms, lounges, residence halls, dining areas, stairwells, and elevators. Directional signage will show you which way to go, and which stairwells and elevators to use. The University has changed certain procedures, daily operations, and policies, as well. Check back here frequently for the most up-to-date information and resources including videos on important topics, including how to properly use face coverings, social distance, and sanitize the areas you visit.
It’s our collective responsibility as a community to respect these changes on campus and off: wearing face coverings in public, maintaining social distancing, complying with testing requirements, and reporting symptoms. Together, we can do our part to interrupt the spread of the virus, protect our community, and maintain a healthy and inspiring environment for all. Learn more about Suffolk's COVID-19 Testing Data.
Each year, all students are required to complete the e-Checkin process via WebAdvisor. Most students already completed e-Checkin in August/September. If you are a new student or have not completed e-Checkin, you must complete a checklist indicating that you have:
- Acknowledged your willingness to abide by the policies and regulations outlined in the Suffolk University Student Handbook
- Provided the University with your local address, which will be verified with the U.S. Postal Service before you can successfully submit it
- Acknowledged your willingness to abide by the Power of One Pledge
- Provided the University with your emergency contact information
- Acknowledged your financial obligations to the University
- Watched a video about COVID-19 safety precautions and agreed to abide by new University rules and regulations on safety compliance
You must fully complete the e-Checkin process before gaining access to other online student tools, including your course schedule, the add/drop function, and the e-learning BlackBoard platform.
Residential students living in residence halls or University-sponsored hotels must complete e-Checkin before moving in.
Commuter students must complete e-Checkin before the first day of orientation or classes, whichever is earlier.
To complete e-Checkin on either your computer or your mobile device, log in to MySuffolk with your Suffolk University login credentials (email login ID and password).
- Halfway down the page, click Login to WebAdvisor.
- On the top-right corner of the page, click Log In.
- Click Students.
- Find the e-Checkin screen under the My Personal Information tab.
Until you complete e-Checkin, it will be the only accessible item in WebAdvisor. Read and complete each form carefully before proceeding to the next screen.
After completing every screen, you must completely log out of WebAdvisor, close your browser, then log back in to access the full Students Menu.
For technical assistance, contact the Service Desk or call 617-557-2000.
Contact the Student Affairs Office for any general (not technical assistance) questions.
If you are not attending Suffolk University this fall, please contact the Student Affairs Office to request a Lease of Absence or Withdrawal Form.